• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

Will a "marker" always be a "marker"?

chloe92us

I have a 10 YO blind male foster at the moment. He was just neutered on Monday. He is a marker, and I haven't dealt with this before- will I forever have to keep belly bands on him or will he eventually stop (while at my house anyway)?

Our last male was neutered as a puppy and he only marked other peoples' homes, never in ours. Go figure.

Belly bands, it is. If you sew, you can make some cheaper than buying.

I have a neutered male, and since he was done (a good few years ago now) he has been as good as gold. He can be trusted absolutley anywhere.:D So don't give up hope.

Your male is quite old though, so it could be a bit ingrained in him. Also - just a thought; if he is blind, and in a new home, he could be 'marking' to give himself scent signals on where things are, etc. As he gets used to his surroundings, he may not do it as much, or at all.

There's always hope.;)

Back