Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 22

Thread: LILY DO i SPAY TOMORROW OR WAIT

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Prenton Cheshire
    Posts
    4,716
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    1

    Default LILY DO i SPAY TOMORROW OR WAIT

    Hi

    Just want to know thoughts pls and advice,Pops and Daisy still have Kennel Cough and are on medication as mentioned on a previous thread but Lily and Rosie as of now have now sign of any infection .I have decided that Lily will be spayed she is now just over 1 and in between her 1 st and 2nd season so the only worry is this K C ,I am of the opinion lets do it and get it over with provided she doesnt show any sign of infection over the next 24 hours .Thoughts Pls.
    Brian M

    Poppy the Tri, Daisy the Blen, Rosie the Ruby and Lily the B & T

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    Rayleigh, Southend-On-Sea, United Kingdom, United Kingdom
    Posts
    8,136
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    I would postpone personally in case Lilly catches the KC after the operation. Best person to ask is the vet.
    ....
    Dylan, Poppy & Kipling's
    *''' ' "*Mummy`` "*'
    ,'*" "*'

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Dorset, UK
    Posts
    1,177
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    I personally feel the same as Pauline, I would postpone it for a while longer, best to speak to the vet really for advice

  4. #4
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Cork,Ireland.
    Posts
    2,563
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    I would postpone for two weeks, but let the vet know at the earliest opportunity as he can schedule another dog in for surgery.
    A spay is elective surgery and can be done in a fortnight.If you have to give increased care to the other cavaliers because of their cough you really don't need a surgical patient to mind at the moment.
    Sins

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Dublin,Ireland
    Posts
    3,037
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    I would be inclined to postpone, but I see from another post your vet thinks it's ok to go ahead...If it was me I think I would wait a week or two at least

    It is hard having to make decisions like this so good luck and let us know what you decide.
    Gus(blenhiem) Pippin(tri) DJ(ruby)

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    denmark
    Posts
    408
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    not being quite sure why you want her spayed in the first place, i don't see the reason not to postpone the op. for a while.

    maybe it is better to be quite sure that she is not infected.

    i hope she will not catch kennel cough and that the other girls get well real soon.

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Broughty Ferry, Scotland
    Posts
    850
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    I agree that you should postpone. She'll have to fend off infection anyway after the op, so if there's anything hanging around already then it might be a lot. Suppose you should discuss with the vet.

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Dungarvan, Co. Waterford
    Posts
    1,504
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    I agree with all of the above. I would postpone it for a couple of weeks. Even just for yourself, to not have the stress of worrying about another recovering dog
    Ollie Roxy Bailey

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Prenton Cheshire
    Posts
    4,716
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    1

    Default

    Hi

    Decision made ,just phoned Mr Marsden who will be operating he is also the vet that spayed my other three girls ,and he advised that if she is totally clear of any cough to go ahead and operate as the threat is only with the anesthetic to put her under .So as Lily is clear as of now but of course if she or Rosie develops a cough up until I drop her off at 8.00 AM tomorrow when I would cancel, then she will be spayed as Mr Marsden is operating not the other vet who I fell out with and to be frank I will be more than glad to get it over with for her sake as well as mine .Apart from being spayed she will also have a micochip put in and a very small hernia popped back into place ,I shall mention pain control medication but abide by his decision ,we have a couple of baby grows and she will sleep upstairs with me for at least 7 days .
    I can then advise her breeder after the op who at the time of purchase refused to give me her Kennel Club papers until I could supply proof Lily had been spayed ,as she said that on a previous occasion she had let a pup go to a nice family couple who promptly then decided to commence breeding with her ,but as I have no inclination at all to breed and was more than happy just to get Lily and go home so I decided not to argue in any way at that time.
    So wish her well tomorrow please and I shall not sleep tonight worrying that I made the correct decision ,but we go ahead.
    Brian M

    Poppy the Tri, Daisy the Blen, Rosie the Ruby and Lily the B & T

  10. #10
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Cork,Ireland.
    Posts
    2,563
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Good luck Brian and if your vet is happy to proceed then we'll wish Lily a speedy recovery.I know it's never an easy decision and always a worry.
    At least you'll have the microchip which is a great invention and you get her papers forwarded.
    Sins

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •