Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Lily Has Started I Think

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Default Lily Has Started I Think

Hi

After all thr kerffufle last week Daem said to me before there are some pinkish smudges on her pillow and atowel she lays also her nipples are more pronounced and she is licking and claening a lot down below .So could she have started if so a lucky escape from getting spayed .What do you think people
    Brian M

Poppy the Tri, Daisy the Blen, Rosie the Ruby and Lily the B & T

Rayleigh, Southend-On-Sea, United Kingdom, United Kingdom
    Post Thanks / Like

A spay can be done when a girl is in heat but it's a trickier operation and only done in an emergency. That's what my vet told me anyway. There's no rush, don't worry.
    Dylan, Poppy & Kipling's
    *''' ' "*Mummy`` "*'
    ,'*" "*'

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Sounds like she is in heat so be sure to keep her well-minded and generally safely inside! You will now need to wait about 3-4 months before spaying.
    Karlin
    Cavaliers: Jaspar Leo Lily Tansy Libby (foster) Mindy (foster)
    In memory: Lucy
    Cavalier SM Infosite:www.smcavaliers.com

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

It does sound a bit like she may be coming in- is she swelling yet? How old is Lily?
    Rubys nipples never used to swell in season - it was just her **** and she used to not eat for days also.
    It is more dangerous to spay close to seasons as I was told there is far more blood in the womb and the surrounding veins which makes it more likely for a) loss of alot of blood and b) more chance of infection after.
    Hope she is ok and quite possibley a lucky escape- I think the rule of thumb is 3 months after the season finishes as a good time for a spay

karen, ruby and charlie xx

Post Thanks / Like

Hmmmm - looks like fate took a hand last week .

Does sound like her first season, bless her.
    Proud member of The Spaniel Trust - putting the trust back into spaniels.
    A Charity registered in Scotland SC038987

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Hi misty

Thats exactly what I thought after all the do we don't we get her spayed then actually going as far as taking her to the vets then the vet saying no, Then I had all the mess with one of my C/cards that had been fraudulently used by some bxxxx in London ,then upon checking Luke's computers ,he has a big desk top with dual graphics cards for gaming and a Dell Laptop for school and both are showing the blue screen of death so that was half of Sat and all day Sunday wasted messing with them and they are still buggered so I will have to get my mate to look at the desktop and call in a Dell engineer for his laptop .So all in all the last 3 days have been sxxx and after all that its Monday morning ,well Things Can Only Get Better.
    Brian M

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Hi
    Just spoke to Lilys breeder in Glasgow and she confirmed that she had and finished her first season about 7 1/2 months old ,so is she young at the age of 1 for her second season to start ,I always thought they had about 2 a year and when should I target her to be spayed now about 6 weeks from now .Sorry I have no experiance at all in these matters so your guidance would be highly valued.
    Brian M

Post Thanks / Like

Hi Brian. Somehow Mother Nature knows just when to step in! Lucy is just having her 1st season at 7 months, and I'm off tomorrow to get some babygrows!! General rule of thumb is almost exactly 6 month intervals give or take 14 days. But some have intervals of 5 or 7 months between seasons, and thats perfectly normal for them.
    Have you noticed her vulva has swollen ? if not, you're in for a big surprise any day now!! Ha Ha. Put her in lockdown for the next 3 weeks, and watch her like a hawk out in the garden.

Rayleigh, Southend-On-Sea, United Kingdom, United Kingdom
    Post Thanks / Like

Hi Brian. As others have said, she'll be ready for spaying in 3 months or traditionally count 100 days, whether that's from the start of the season or the end I don't know.
    Dylan, Poppy & Kipling's
    *''' ' "*Mummy`` "*'
    ,'*" "*'

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Hi

Wel the date I have in mind is Xmas week as then I will be of work fpr about 2 weeks which will enable me to devote all my time for her R and R .
    Thanks again.
    Brian M