Thread: Weird thing happened tonight

Post Thanks / Like

Default Weird thing happened tonight

We got a new camcorder--replaced the antique from about 15 years ago. Had it by the tv and hooked to the tv and George was trying to get the remote to work. It started to make this high pitch--not really a squeal but a very irritating noise. Bentley went nuts and started fly catching like crazy and I'd say it went on for about 5 mins. A couple mins maybe after it was shut off. I really think Bentley does have sm and I've been putting off the mri but going to try to get him video'd and get to our neurologist. I just don't know if I can go through anymore s - - t this year without losing it. Going to be very hard to get him video'd as he does't do it daily so its going to be plain luck to catch him.
    Linda, Georgia, USA
    Winston--shih tzu-male, Darby female tri, Bentley male blenheim and Chelsea, black-tan
    Abbey my beloved tri who is so embedded in my heart--RIP Sweet Princess

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Sounds like the pitch caused a reaction. Fly catching is a known issue in the breed and not necessarily linked to SM at all but worth talking to a neurologist about if it is a problem. If he only does it now and then and isn't doing much else I don't think I'd bother with an MRI (a neurologist would probably not recommend an MRI primarily for occasional fly-catching).
    Karlin
    Cavaliers: Jaspar Leo Lily Tansy Libby (foster) Mindy (foster)
    In memory: Lucy
    Cavalier SM Infosite:www.smcavaliers.com

Post Thanks / Like

He does other stuff too Karlin. Head rubbing, scratching but not very often so thats why I'm kind of waiting in limbo here. The deal the other night was very strange. Why would a noise set the fly catching deal off? I guess neurological is what your answer will be.
    Linda, Georgia, USA
    Winston--shih tzu-male, Darby female tri, Bentley male blenheim and Chelsea, black-tan
    Abbey my beloved tri who is so embedded in my heart--RIP Sweet Princess