• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

Weird thing happened tonight

linderbelle

We got a new camcorder--replaced the antique from about 15 years ago. Had it by the tv and hooked to the tv and George was trying to get the remote to work. It started to make this high pitch--not really a squeal but a very irritating noise. Bentley went nuts and started fly catching like crazy and I'd say it went on for about 5 mins. A couple mins maybe after it was shut off. I really think Bentley does have sm and I've been putting off the mri but going to try to get him video'd and get to our neurologist. I just don't know if I can go through anymore s - - t this year without losing it. Going to be very hard to get him video'd as he does't do it daily so its going to be plain luck to catch him.

Sounds like the pitch caused a reaction. Fly catching is a known issue in the breed and not necessarily linked to SM at all but worth talking to a neurologist about if it is a problem. If he only does it now and then and isn't doing much else I don't think I'd bother with an MRI (a neurologist would probably not recommend an MRI primarily for occasional fly-catching).

He does other stuff too Karlin. Head rubbing, scratching but not very often so thats why I'm kind of waiting in limbo here. The deal the other night was very strange. Why would a noise set the fly catching deal off? I guess neurological is what your answer will be.

Back