• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

Honey is very poorly

susie1983

Honey has just been rushed to hospital she has been being sick since Monday night not keeping water down or anything. She saw vet yesterday who couldn't feel anything of obstruction or possible reason why. After anti sickness jab she continued vomiting and bringing up bile. Shes dazed and dehydrated in a pretty bad way. I really fear the worst any prayers or vibes appreciated. Shes only 5.5

Loads of thoughts and prayers coming Honeys way and hugs:hug:coming your way please keep us informed
Aileen and the gang (Barney---Jazzie----Jake)

I"m so sorry that you are going through this. I will be thinking about your little Honey today and sending prayers for her.

Shes been admitted and put on iv fluids. They have taken bloods will check them then move onto x rays if no change. i've also suggested they look at her heart as she has MVD and recently suffered a trauma (3 weeks ago) during a dog attack where she stopped breathing and lost conciousness. I'm just hoping fluids will be enough to turn her around. i'll keep informed.

Latest update: Honey is still on IV but comfortable. Her bloods and smear came back fine except for signs of aneamia. They are going to do echo this morning on heart and ultrasound on belly followed by xray if nothing untoward can be found. Vets still have no idea what is wrong, ideas being flown around are stroke (vision and balance seems way off) , pancreas issues and obstruction. She hasn't vomited since yesterday but this could be due to the fact she is restricted in kennel as she always seemed to be vomiting when standing (again balance issues could be caused by stroke). I'm hoping to visit her today, i feel so useless. Me and the other pups just want her home.

Sorry to hear about Honey. Thinking of her, and wishing her well for today. Sending lots of positive thoughts her way for a speedy recovery.

Back