• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

Dylan's not well.

Glad to hear you are both feeling a bit more upbeat today, Dylan could not be with a more caring owner he is one lucky fella! Hope you both continue to feel better:lotsaluv::lotsaluv:

Late to read your thread but very glad that both of you are feeling better!

Dylan is handsome and has a great owner! I know your feelings as our last golden had severe allergies that meant she was on strong meds, special food, special shampoo and weekly baths. Sometimes I felt so badly for her that I felt miserable myself. Still she gave me all the love you would expect from any wonderful dog so I then counted my blessings that I was able to ease her pain!

Heather R

I'm so glad Dylan velt well enough to be outside in the garden with you. I hope he continues to feel better.:flwr:

Hi Pauline,
im late to this but im glad to read Dylan is feeling better:) I do have to say that im so glad you said what you did tho,it made me feel better that im not the only one caring for an SM dog that feels cheated & tired from worrying about her some times.Like you with Dylan Ruby comes 1st over all else but i had a day recently where i put my head in my hands,i just wanted one day off from worrying about her where i could just enjoy her.i hope that makes you feel better too! Of course you sort your head out & willingly carry on but dont you wish you could help them more!?
I must say tho that having Jelly scallywag helps-she'll do something silly & make me laugh when im on worry overload! Other people dont understand,they'l say ok thats Ruby but how are you not realising that how Ruby is IS how i am,i bet you can relate to that;).....keep your chin up,you're doing a great job there Pauline,im sure Dylan appreciates all you do x

Dylan

Hiu Pauline, I am so pleased to hear that Dylan is feeling more comfortable now. We added a herbal mix to Lucy's diet and she has had a much easier tummy with no frank diarrhoea. We put it past the vet before giving it to her. It is all natural and called condition aid for dogs "Verm-X" is the trade name. It is quite expensive but it seems to help. She is only on the Gabapentin for her SM at present.

I feel for you, I too feel that Lucy has been cheated as we slowly amble around the park for her walk and watch all the other dogs racing around enjoying themselves. None of our little darlings deserve this horrible disease. I thank God, that we chose her as a puppy, she was delightful and such fun and enjoyed life to the full until she got ill. Now we are able to do the best for her now that she needs us, I love her so much I hurt for her.

I would also like to adopt an older ex breeding dog who has been cleared of SM, when and if we decide to have another dog. I rescued our last cavie Becky from a breeding farm in Scotland when she was 5 yrs old and waiting to be put down because she couldn't be bred from anymore! Although she had a bad heart, she lived until she was 17 yrs old and was a great little dog. So take heart. regards Chris

Thank you Chris, Dylan's tummy took quite some time to settle but seems to be ok now. We went for a walk in the country today and Dylan does have the energy to pull me the whole time so he does well. He was so good, seemed to be blind to duck and deers, he didn't bark or lunge at all bless him.

Aaww I feel for you and your sweet Dylan. I understand this breed can have some comlpications but I agree that you were chosen to take care of him. I imagine it must feel heart breaking sometimes. You may have days when you're over loaded but that love in your heart never falters from you, or from Dylan.

Back