• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

Chelsea at the E-vet

SuzRN

Yesterday pm Chelsea started vomiting, kept it up all night long so off to the emergency vet this morning. Seems to be similar to Pebbles and Honey who where ill this week.

You would never know anything is wrong with her, happy playing and hungery (sp) as ever, but then she vomits about every 2 hours, nothing is getting through. I am suspecting an obstruction, she has had problems in the past with a rawhide comming back 3 days later whole and a felt chew toy the same thing. Ever since then I have been real careful with treats and toys, I must have missed something.

The vet is running test to see what might be wrong, IV and meds to calm the stomach. Hope to hear something soon. He plans to keep her till the am then I have to bring her home or transfer to regular vet. Thank god for Mom. (and pet insurance)

Vivian misses her like I do, hope to have her home soon. :(

Hope everything is okay Suzanne. Just went through this with Jake a few months back and never did get a reason why. Hoping everything turns out okay.

Hoping for a quick recovery for Chelsea and that she will be back home with you soon.

Adding another get well soon for Chelsea! Hope that whatever is bothering her is resolved as soon as possible!!

Heather R

vomiting

My Charlie was doing the same thing last Friday night. We went to the ER also. The gave him fluids and anti nausea meds, and put him on a special diet. It has taken til now for him to start forming poops, and stop vomiting. I think his was ear plugs eaten! Hopefully he is clear now, he sure acts better, is starting to eat again.

Good luck!

:updte:
Thanks for all the good thoughts. Brought her home yesterday morning. My Mom actually picked her up from the vet as I had to go to work, then stayed the day with her. No more vomiting from the time I brought her in, the vet took x-rays, felt there was low probability of obstruction, but showed lots of poop. So my girl got meds for vomiting, tummy, and an enema.:eek: One big poop and started refeeding. So far no poops,but also no vomiting.

Have a question, the first vomit included some plant material, I know I have one plant in the back that can be toxic, but I know she has not gotten into it. I checked a list on the aspca site and a couple of plants on their list I have not seen as toxic. Has anyone know figs, gardenia,or gerenium (sp) to be toxic?

Anyway, she seems normal in attitude and activity, starving active, but no poop yet. The vet seemed to think today or tomorrow (its comming). Thanks agin for all the kind thoughts and messages.

Back