Thread: Worse itching when she is wet

Hybrid View

Post Thanks / Like

Default Worse itching when she is wet

Hi

Do anyone of you have any experiance of that your SM dog get worse with the itching when they are wet and when it gets cold and dry out side.

Mine gets very itchy when she is wet and she gets also more bad then the weather is cold and dry.

// Christina
    Christina, with the dogs Chanel and Freja.

Post Thanks / Like

Hi Christina, my girl Chaos got absolutely soaked this morning on her walk, well really her push as I take her in a stroller, and she can't tolerate her raincoat any more. She did not seem to mind at all being wet and it did not make her scratching any worse. Actually, I think she prefers it colder as she quite often sits outside on the concrete rather than be in the warm house. She no longer sleeps on the bed much or her own bed as they are feather duvets and I think she gets too hot. She now prefers to lay out on the carpet on the landing. I guess every dog is different.
    Judy

Post Thanks / Like

When Jeszel is wet it does trigger her symptoms. If she gets wet outside she comes in the house and rolls around a bit, rubs her face, and then has a neck scratching episode.

Unfortunately, during or after a bath really triggers a long neck scratching episode as well.

Post Thanks / Like

Default Thank you

Thank you for your experiance.
    Christina, with the dogs Chanel and Freja.

Post Thanks / Like

Abbey isn't out that much to get wet BUT bath time really gets her and I'm suppose to bathe her once a week in special shampoo and rinse which of course I do. She is the only one that I blow dry and she loves being blow dryed --she lays and almost is asleep when I do it as she is in heaven lets say. If I didn't blow dry her she'd be in awful shape.
    Linda, Georgia, USA
    Winston--shih tzu-male, Darby female tri, Bentley male blenheim and Chelsea, black-tan
    Abbey my beloved tri who is so embedded in my heart--RIP Sweet Princess

Post Thanks / Like

I haven't really noticed any changes when Lily is wet. The changes in the weather, do however, affect her symptoms. She does better in cooler weather. Unfortunately, we don't have too much of that here.
    Sharon,
    Mom to Bleinham Cavaliers Lily, 5 years old, and Alfie, 8 year old puppy mill rescue.
    At the Bridge, Chloe, Lhasa Apso.