• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

Worse itching when she is wet

Chanel

Hi

Do anyone of you have any experiance of that your SM dog get worse with the itching when they are wet and when it gets cold and dry out side.

Mine gets very itchy when she is wet and she gets also more bad then the weather is cold and dry.

// Christina

Hi Christina, my girl Chaos got absolutely soaked this morning on her walk, well really her push as I take her in a stroller, and she can't tolerate her raincoat any more. She did not seem to mind at all being wet and it did not make her scratching any worse. Actually, I think she prefers it colder as she quite often sits outside on the concrete rather than be in the warm house. She no longer sleeps on the bed much or her own bed as they are feather duvets and I think she gets too hot. She now prefers to lay out on the carpet on the landing. I guess every dog is different.
Judy

When Jeszel is wet it does trigger her symptoms. If she gets wet outside she comes in the house and rolls around a bit, rubs her face, and then has a neck scratching episode.

Unfortunately, during or after a bath really triggers a long neck scratching episode as well.

Abbey isn't out that much to get wet BUT bath time really gets her and I'm suppose to bathe her once a week in special shampoo and rinse which of course I do. She is the only one that I blow dry and she loves being blow dryed --she lays and almost is asleep when I do it as she is in heaven lets say. If I didn't blow dry her she'd be in awful shape.

I haven't really noticed any changes when Lily is wet. The changes in the weather, do however, affect her symptoms. She does better in cooler weather. Unfortunately, we don't have too much of that here.

Back