Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: How many days before a show do you bath your cavalier?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Smilla View Post
    Hi, the show went well. We got a 2. place. It was funny and I think we will try it again some day.

here is what the judge (from England) wrote:

Very well marked blenheim, who moved and showed beautifully. Exellent temperement, good back and well turned stiffles. A little short in neck, would prefer more filled in muzzle and darker nose pigmentation.

I have 2 questions maybe you can help me:

1) what does stiffles mean?

2) and what does muzzle means? (I asked a lady who said it was referring to her head/ jaws/ nose area where she should have been broader.I myself thought it was referring to her whole body because she has walked with a limp for 1 months. She has only been well for 3 weeks.
    Stifle is a knee-- if a dog has good structure, it will have distinctive 'angles'.

Muzzle refers to the nose and mouth area. Judges like a lot of cush in that area.

Post Thanks / Like

Well done on your 2nd place. You must be so proud. I'm glad you enjoyed yourself.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by WoodHaven View Post
    Stifle is a knee-- if a dog has good structure, it will have distinctive 'angles'.

Muzzle refers to the nose and mouth area. Judges like a lot of cush in that area.
    Thanks a lot, that makes sence. She is a bit 'narrow'.

Quote Originally Posted by MadPip View Post
    Well done on your 2nd place. You must be so proud. I'm glad you enjoyed yourself.
    Thanks