• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

how much water is adequete?

sweethearts

Is it ok to cut back at night to help with the potty training? I do not want her to be be thirsty or even more so dehyrated. Just trying to get an idea of how much water intake a 15 week needs.

As you have a young puppy, now is the perfect time to download this FREE boof from Dr Ian Dunbar, one of the world's best trainers and the man who revolutionised puppy training :). This is a classic book that he now makes available for free on his great training site www.dogstardaily.com. It will give you all sorts of guidelines and information and answer most puppy-raising questions -- and get you started on the important bits of training that you should start now (NEVER on a choke chain of course, preferably on a harness and not a collar as well).

Dr Dunbar gives lots of guidelines on housetraining of course! :)

http://www.dogstardaily.com/after-you-get-your-puppy-0

And yes: you do want to pull up water after about 9 to aid with housetraining and make it available all day again in the morning. (y)

I give Charlie a couple of ice cubes after 8pm as I used to do this with ruby.
It was a tip I saw on an episode of "its me or the dog" a few years a go.
Its worked well so far- :xfngr:

Karen

Funny you mention the ice cubes. When I brought my pup home she was fascinated with the sound of the ice cube maker. Once one fell onto the floor it was all over. she runs to it everytime. Great idea though for nights.

Back