Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Ruby in real pain??

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

She seems ok at the minute- a bit bemused as to what she is doing in the crate.
    shes giving me the look
    'what in the world am i doing IN HERE!!!' 'when HE is OUT THERE!!!!'

Karen

I had this horrible sick feeling that either she had slipped a disc or that it may had been something to do with the SM
    Last edited by Karen and Ruby; 10th October 2009 at 02:50 PM. Reason: added some info

Post Thanks / Like

Karen - like you my first thought was that it was related to her SM and I'm so glad that doesn't seem to be the case. Metacam works great for Oliver who uses it periodically when he has back flare-ups. And I have had to put all of mine back in a crate for one reason or another and they've all done fine. You're right though, it's probably hard for Ruby to see Charlie out and about. Just take her out and give her extra snuggles. Hoping she continues to improve over the weekend.
    Bev
    Oliver (blenheim, born 3/2001), Riley (black & tan, born 8/2002,), Madison (ruby, born 9/2003), and Oz (tri-color, born 7/2007)

Post Thanks / Like

Og Good, sorry I didn't see your reply, I am glad she is more comfortable, what a worry she is and all the problems you have with Charlie as well, I will keep miy fingers crossed for next week.
    Tania and The Three Cavaliers!
    Dotty!- A Sweet Little Tri
    Molly - Pretty Tri Dougall - Gorgeous Blenheim

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Well being the lovely mummy I am I went and got Ruby a big big crate so she doesnt feel sooo confined but loads of room to stretch out and for her water bowl as she drinks ALOT!
    Theres 69 i wont see again but .... I was going to get a bigger one for the car anyway so they can travel together (rubes and chezza)!!
    She doesnt seem to want to come out now- I opened the door 2 hours ago and she is still in there sparko!!!!
    Bless her i think ive got the thumbs up! (its big enough for a labrador!)

Post Thanks / Like

glad she seems a little happier, i hope she makes a speedy recovery

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Default Could this be what has caused her pain??

Hi all i have made some progress in to what could be causing Rubys problems.
    I was stroking her today and there was a hard clump of hair exactly where the pain is locallised to.
    Anyway I started to part the hair and it came out in a clump which I will admit hurt her but I left it at that gave her a bit of cheese for her worries and then tryed to see why.
    There is a sore on her back and 2 very very small puncture holes about an inch apart.
    Ive been racking my brain as to what it could be- there are no snakes round our way, the holes are too small to have been Chezza biting her and she has no ticks.
    The only thing I can think of is that she has got caught by a thorn bush/bramble and it has punctured her skin?
    Does anyone think this could cause her this much discomfort and pain and have inflammed her mucsles in this way, they have been in spasm a few times today.
    Or should I be more worried that it could be something completely un related??
    It seems like a massive co insisence if not

Karen

Rayleigh, Southend-On-Sea, United Kingdom, United Kingdom
    Post Thanks / Like

I would describe all that to the vet over the phone. Is the swelling going down at all?
    Dylan, Poppy & Kipling's
    *''' ' "*Mummy`` "*'
    ,'*" "*'

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

It has gone down but she is still uncomfortable to be touched there. When she twistes her body (Eg to clean herself below) her whole back starts to spasm which she is annoyed by immensely.
    Its very strange xx

Rayleigh, Southend-On-Sea, United Kingdom, United Kingdom
    Post Thanks / Like

Can you take a photo of these puncture wounds? I'm wondering if it's two wasp stings or is it too late in the year for wasps?
    Dylan, Poppy & Kipling's
    *''' ' "*Mummy`` "*'
    ,'*" "*'

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

I havent seen any around for a few weeks now- Im pretty sure it must be thorns as looking at them now there is one and a scratch and then another although on our walk she didnt react as though something had hurt her and she reacts alot with these things usually. When she gets the sticky balls stuck on her she stops dead in her tracks as if to say "MUM>>>HELPPPPPPPP!!"
    and i have to go and get them off before we can continue and she is quite wimpy with pain so Im sure I would have known if she had stabbed her self on a large thorny bush!
    Im bemused really...#

Should I put some Savlon on it as I dont have any arnica in the house at the mommet?
    Last edited by Karen and Ruby; 11th October 2009 at 11:15 PM. Reason: added ques