• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

Opinion needed-Where to go for scan

Sabby

Just would like to know if anybody has been to New Market for an MRI and if they would recommend it. My friend would like one of her dogs scanned and I said Chester Gate straight away. Just wondering if there is any differens as I have heard that things depends on the scanner they use and also the person looking at the scan. Any opinion would be appreciated.

My ruby has had scans at both places and we got equally caring and friendly service at both. Can't speak for the technical side of things, but I would happily go back to either place - both about the same distance from where I live.

Good luck, Marie-Anne

Where to go.......

I am pro Chestergate as I have been there many times.

You will not get a specific comment on CM but if your dog has herniation, then it has CM because they go together.

A syrinx is easy to spot and either is/is not present and clear to see on the scan film.

At least with Chestergate, the 'Man' himself does the reading !

And you walk out with an A3 size film sheet and a paper certificate.

All for £115.

Last edited:
Thank you all for your replys.
The scan she wants for her dog is not in regards to SM its I think whats called Vesbula syndrome.

Back