• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

Worming

LisaluvzCav

hey guys on friday I bought some worm tablets for Clara as she needs to be wormed again. She has been dragggin her bottom so I had her anal glands done but she continued to drag it. So when i got home i relised the worm tablets werent tablets but 4 sachets. It said on the back of the pack to be givin to a puppy once a day for 3 days. I mixed it in with just wet food so she would eat it. She ate it friday and saturday so yesterday i mixed the 3rd with dry and wet food she did eat a good bit but not all of it. Last night and this morning she has been draggin her bottom again!:eek: Should i give her the 4th sachet or would it be too much for her to get a worm tablet and give it to her? I also noticed that the powder has been coming out in her urine?? anybody got any advice of what i should do?

Giving her a worm tablet would be a complete overdose and do her more harm than good.What's the name of the sachets and did you get them from the vet or the petshop?
In future if your puppy doesn't eat the granules from sachets just get the spot on products from your vet like stronghold which you apply to the back of their neck.This will do worms and fleas for you.
Sins

Sounds like you have been given Panicure, I agree, I think you should speak to the vet, it sounds strange.

its called zerofen i havent giving her anymore and im off to the vets in awhile to see if she has a uti so i will ask the vet then thanks guys

I always get the worm tablets from the vet. I give Sam one tablet and Charlie half a tablet, it goes by their weight. I bought some from the pet shop before but the instructions said give 4 tablets to Sam judging by his weight. I felt this was too much because even one tablet from the vet can give him runny poos so I didnt give them to him.

Shes got sick 3 times today the first 2 she ate back up and the last was a watery kind she seems fine tho her usual self just a bit worried

None of mine got sick from the worm tablets. Just feed her rice and steamed chicken today and tomorrow. Hopefully that will stop her vomiting. Maybe if she is still getting sick by tomorrow lunch bring her to the vet. The tablets must not agree with her at all.

None of mine got sick from the worm tablets. Just feed her rice and steamed chicken today and tomorrow. Hopefully that will stop her vomiting. Maybe if she is still getting sick by tomorrow lunch bring her to the vet. The tablets must not agree with her at all.
I have an appointment for later as i think she might have a uti so il ask for advice about the sickness aswell thanks very much for ur advice x x x

Thats good. Charlie had bladder problems. We first noticed when he kept trying to pee outside but nothing would happen and he would try again and again, he was also off form and sluggish.

Thats good. Charlie had bladder problems. We first noticed when he kept trying to pee outside but nothing would happen and he would try again and again, he was also off form and sluggish.
Awh i hope he is better! Im back from the vets she said I should wait a week and see if the scooting stops if not give her the last sachet and in 4 weeks time give her a worm tablet. She gave us stuff for her ears has she an ear infection and a stomach liner. She said claras heart was very very good!!:D I was delighted!! and clara hasnt got an uti

Back