• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

Changing puppy food

LisaluvzCav

I will be changing Clara's wet food from cesars to James Wellbeloved tomorrow. She will still be on the same dry food (royle canin) I know you should gradually change them from food but does it apply to wet food to? She only gets wet food because she wont eat the dry without a mixer.So should I just ditch the cesar all together and start her with james wellbeloved with royle canin or still use cesar and give her small amounts of james wellbeloved:confused: Any advice? Thanks in advance

I don't know if this is "right", but I'll sometimes give them wet food if I run out of their normal food (raw), and they've never had a problem with it. However, their diet is greatly varied and they eat many different kinds of meats, fish, veggies, etc...so when I switch it up and give them canned food for a meal or two they are totally fine. They eat like piggies and inhale it so fast (except when they have their RMBs at night, of course) - they must have strong stomachs since they never (knock on wood!) get sick from what they eat. So personally, I would think that switching to a different canned food is fine, but if you're not sure, then gradually make the switch. Come to think of it though, if you're supposed to gradually switch when changing dry foods, why would it be different with wet?

Sorry, now I totally confused you...and myself! Hmmmm, now I'm not sure either...what are everyone else's thoughts? :eek:

I think to be safe, I would switch gradually over a few days. When I change foods, sometimes I have to deal with loose poops for a day or two if I change all of a sudden. Or you could just add a smaller amount of the new wet at a time and build up to the normal amount over a few days instead of mixing the two wet foods.

I occasionally give wet food, though they mainly eat just different varieties of JWB and RC kibble. I've never had any problems when I do give them wet food, so you should be ok to just switch.
I'm sure someone who knows better will be able to advise :eek:

Thanks guys. I give Clara more dry food then wet so i think il just mix very small amounts of cesar and jwb together until shes compleatly off cesar

Back