• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

Claras not well

LisaluvzCav

I brought Clara to the vet last night as she had an ear infection and was vomiting and eating it again until it was a watery type of one. So she got her ear sorted and the vet gave me a stomach liner to stop the sickness and make her better. So last night when we came home she didnt eat her last meal. She was acting normal nothing strange. She did eat 2 meals today and was fine and i gave her the stomach liner 3 times today as the vet told me. She was fine today also but tonight she wouldnt go out as it was wet again and ran to her bed and went to sleep when she woke up I brought her out and she still wouldn't go and she came inside and done 3 really soft poos one after the other. She is acting fine still very playful. Im just a little bit worried. Could it be the stomach liner thats not agreeing with her? Its a brown paste given orally its called diarsanyl and it says it maintains digestive function Clara seems to like it

That sounds pretty normal; she's just recovering. I don't think you need to worry. :)

You are doing fine. Feed small amounts until her tummy gets back to normal. Don't worry if she thins down a bit, she will soon be back to normal.
I've just had 2 oldies with a bad vomiting 'bug' -last one was 1 week ago and she is not back to her normal amounts of food yet. It takes time - slowly, slowly - don't rush her.
I start with a quarter of normal amounts, weigh it out in the morning, feed it in 3 or 4 meals. When it's done, it's done.
After 2 or 3 days, up to one half normal, then three quarters and so on. It can take as long as 10 days. Don't be tempted to rush.
Elspeth

Back