Thread: Food For Thought

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Default Food For Thought

Just noticed on the Dog World Cavalier Notes , mention is made about the notice now on the UK CLUB WEB SITE ,that Cavalier Club Members wishing to put their Puppies on the CLUB's Puppy Register are now required to fill in a Form showing whether the Puppies Parents have a Current Health Certificate for MVD and Eyes

It goes onto say that the Puppy Co-Ordinator has had a number of Puppy Enquiries , but has hardly any Puppies names from Cavalier Breeders.

Surely the reason can't be that UK Cavalier Breeders are boycotting the request to be filling in the Form showing whether the Parents of the Puppy has a Current Health Certificate for MVD and Eyes.
    Bet (Hargreaves)

Post Thanks / Like

I wouldn't think so Bet.
    There are many avenues open to breeders who have puppies.
    The KC site, Margaret's list magazine advertisements etc....
    A lot of breeders have their own websites now anyway and interested parties can contact them.
    Word of mouth works well too.
    Usually if news breaks of a nice litter ....word will fly around sites like these Bet at such a speed you have no idea!!!
    It's also possible that breeders just aren't producing as many litters in response to the recession.
    So basically most reputable breeders don't have to advertise to any great degree Bet.Having said that a friend of mine got the most fabulous cavalier through a club register and couldn't have been more pleased with the service.
    Sins

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Default Food for Thought.

OH Sins, I do so hope your explanation is the correct one, as long as those Cavalier Breeders are doing Health Tests and have Current MVD and Eye Certificates, that's what matters.
    Bet (Hargreaves)

Post Thanks / Like

Bet-- I wouldn't need to use a puppy register. As bad as the economy has been here-- I've had 3 requests for puppies this month so far (October is usually a slow month-- who wants to housetrain a puppy going into the cold, snowy days).