• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

what treats should I give

GoodDoggie

I was wondering what treats to give.I was thinking like small bits of cheese,but then was told that you shouldnt give your dog dairy products.
bits of fruit?veg?

If it is for training I give small biscuits that I buy in the pet shop, they are usually called training treats. We give our too a bonio or dentastick after their long walk. If they havent had a walk then they dont get a treat because they can put on weight easily. Sometimes John gives them bits of cheese on their walk if they behave and the odd time I give them some cooked chicken in their dinner. They love this!! Sam crys when he smells the chicken haha!

I mostly give my guys kibble for treats (because I like to give them a lot) but for high value treats I will used dried liver/salmon/chicken cut up very tiny.

i use home made liver biscuts as high value and kibble for low value but i either leave it in a bag with sausage so it soaks up the aroma and taste or fry it (no oil) in a little garlic to give it a little extra taste xx

Karen, Ruby and Charlie x

I use dried carrots from Burns and Neem sticks which are tree bark and neem seed. I sometimes make them liver treats. People think I am mean with the treats but they don't know anything different...Molly will also eat baby carrots and corn :D

Our two will eat brocolli, small bits of carrot as well as small dog biscuits, that I break in half.

Heather R

fry it (no oil) in a little garlic to give it a little extra taste xx

Karen, Ruby and Charlie x

Onions are toxic to dogs so I'd imagine garlic is too. I may be wrong but I'd never take the chance ;)

I mostly use kibble as treats. For high value treats when doing recall and things like that I use tiny cubes of cheese.

Onions are toxic to dogs so I'd imagine garlic is too. I may be wrong but I'd never take the chance ;)

I mostly use kibble as treats. For high value treats when doing recall and things like that I use tiny cubes of cheese.

As far as I know they would have to eat a hell of a lot of he stuff to be ill-im talking the tiniest of amounts and its only the flavour that becomes absorbed; the actual garlic is still dry in the pan afterwards but yes its personal preference and in no way would I want to be responsible for anyones dog becoming ill.
For more info on the subject:

http://www.petalia.com.au/templates/storytemplate_process.cfm?specie=Dogs&story_no=257#ct-4

Karen

Back