• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

i was almost faint!. she gonna be ok?

Ida

today it was like the worst day in my life. we got an accident to Ida, our pup 13 weeks old who fell down from the bench which has about 1 meters height when we lift her up, tried to put the collar on and she just jumped down.

i almost have a heart attack, goshhhhhhh!!!!!!!!!!! that time i feel so down and won't forgive myself if something bad happen to her.

I dunno how can i make sure that she's ok cause she doesn't make any noise when she jumped down from that height but rushing run to me with kinda bit weird to herself like what happened to me? and act like normal when i brought her to the park, i tried to touch all her body to check which part she's got pain but i found nothing.

any suggestion? is there any side effect to her from this accident?
i mean attitude or behavior. or whatever

i still complain myself until now how silly am i. this is a big big big experience for me to raising my first pup in my life. I won't let it happen no more.

do anyone have a accident like this to pups?

Ida - she is probably fine, but I would watch her closely for the next several days....including her appetite and "potty" habits for signs of internal bleeding. Most likely she is fine.

Our Sophie was very wiggly at that age, and we had to hold her still. We also never allowed her on anything higher than the sofa and didn't let her jump off that for a couple months.

She seems to be fine from what you write.She probably got a fright though.
I remember when we got our puppy her breeder told us never to put her on a bed or a couch until she was able to jump up herself as pups can be seriously injured falling off.
Please don't be too hard on yourself. If she's behaving normally and running around playfully she's most likely ok.
Maybe if you feel worried make an appointment with your vet to have her checked over.Use it as an opportunity to make contact with a good vet and get to know them.
Sins.

Back