• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

Small brag

MadPip

We attend a "fun agility" training session every Saturday, and every 6th week there is a competition. Pippin is in intermediate at the moment, and he is the smallest dog in the class (the rest being mainly large dogs), but yesterday we won!:w**h**:

All the dogs jump the lowest height for the jumps, so where Pippin is jumping in his height range, the other dogs are all jumping lower than they would in a "proper" competition. We were timed over 3 rounds, and not only did Pippin give me 3 clear rounds, but when the times were added together there was over 1 minute between us and the dog in 2nd place. What a star he is.:rah::rah::luv::luv: He's a bit tired today though.:badgrin:

If we win the next competition in 6weeks time he'll be promoted to top class. Possible if he doesn't go off on a giant sniff mid course.:badgrin::badgrin::badgrin:, otherwise who knows where we'll end up.

Hi

And HURRAY for Pippin ,my four say pippin wllhave to come next time they have a day at The Races.:)

Wow, I am impressed !!!! My little agility dog, Dixie, would never be the fastest.... She just does the course at her own speed. She always does it perfectly, but certainly not speedy....:eek:

Wow, I am impressed !!!! My little agility dog, Dixie, would never be the fastest.... She just does the course at her own speed. She always does it perfectly, but certainly not speedy....:eek:

It surprised me to be honest. Maddie's my fast dog, Pippin is usually accurate (between following random scents and chasing insects :D) but not very fast. I almost needed oxygen at the end. If he does get into top class (of which there are two) I'll be there for 2 hours at a time, first with Pippin and then with Maddie, who is a lot faster.:eek: I might need to get myself fitter to keep up with them, or teach them to run with me standing still in the middle.:badgrin::badgrin::badgrin::badgrin:

WTG Pippin! I know from doing a bit of agility with Mindy and Max that it's both dog and handler so WTG to you too!

Madpip, you are so funny. But, it is soo true about being in shape. I think Dixie is slow because she knows I can't go much faster. Our instructor is always saying " run, Judy" ha.... I, too, need to be in better shape. I am sure Dixie is only as good as her handler. :) PS I love the idea of them running while I stand in the middle. I'll have to try that...

Well done Pippin. cl*p
Agility is so much fun. My Harley is fast but he always ends up waiting for me as I got arthritis in my knees.

What your doing sounds like so fun much, I wanna do it too lol. Mrs. Beasley is 17 weeks now. What age can you start doing things like this? Thanks!

Your dog should be 12 month old or over. At my club they let you start a bit earlier but you can only do the little jumps and the tunnel, Not allowed to do the A Frame.

When they're young it's best to concentrate on the basic obedience so that when you start agility after 12 months old your dog is under control.
The wait until at least 12 months of age is to allow their joints/ bones/ muscles to develop. If you start too early you can cause damage that will affect them in later life.

We have started charlie already a 10 months but he only does the touch point equipment and he runs through the jumps with out the poles on to get him used to doing rounds etc.
He loves it but is a bit unruley at the momment and it definatly comes easier when the dog responds well to voice/hand commands.
Ruby is a real pro!!

Karen

Back