Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Small brag

Post Thanks / Like

Well done Pippin.
    Agility is so much fun. My Harley is fast but he always ends up waiting for me as I got arthritis in my knees.
    Sabby
    Rosie-06/06 - Ebony-01/07 Harley-08/08
    " My sunshine doesn't come from the skies, it comes from the love in my dogs eyes "

Post Thanks / Like

What your doing sounds like so fun much, I wanna do it too lol. Mrs. Beasley is 17 weeks now. What age can you start doing things like this? Thanks!

Post Thanks / Like

Your dog should be 12 month old or over. At my club they let you start a bit earlier but you can only do the little jumps and the tunnel, Not allowed to do the A Frame.
    Sabby
    Rosie-06/06 - Ebony-01/07 Harley-08/08
    " My sunshine doesn't come from the skies, it comes from the love in my dogs eyes "

Post Thanks / Like

When they're young it's best to concentrate on the basic obedience so that when you start agility after 12 months old your dog is under control.
    The wait until at least 12 months of age is to allow their joints/ bones/ muscles to develop. If you start too early you can cause damage that will affect them in later life.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

We have started charlie already a 10 months but he only does the touch point equipment and he runs through the jumps with out the poles on to get him used to doing rounds etc.
    He loves it but is a bit unruley at the momment and it definatly comes easier when the dog responds well to voice/hand commands.
    Ruby is a real pro!!

Karen

Karen

Ruby - my stunning soul mate who defies the odds every day
    Charlie- my angel at heart and devil at play