Page 1 of 22 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Confused

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Default Confused

I don't know about others on this List, but on the Cavalier Chat List the Thread has been closed about the mention of a Cavalier Bitch being involved with Back to Back Matings.

Did this or did it not happen ,if it did I sure think it's a Welfare Issue. .and no better than what is taking place at Puppy Farms, or being carried out by BYB's.

If other Cavalier Breeders are also carrying out this way of treating their Cavalier Breeding Bitches, is it not about time they were being exposed .
    Bet (Hargreaves)

Post Thanks / Like

Bet, in the USA, you would be surprised how many experts (reproduction vets) wouldn't think anything about a back to back breeding.

Our clubs coe says not to breed any more than two season out of three-- which would allow for a back to back.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Default Confused

Sandy,

Thank Goodness I live in Britain where more consideration is given to our Cavaliers !

Our UK CKCS CLUB says ,on their WEB SITE ,NO CAVALIER BITCH MUST have NO MORE than ONE LITTER in ANY 12 MONTHS
    Bet (Hargreaves)

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Bet View Post
    Sandy,

Thank Goodness I live in Britain where more consideration is given to our Cavaliers !

Our UK CKCS CLUB says ,on their WEB SITE ,NO CAVALIER BITCH MUST have NO MORE than ONE LITTER in ANY 12 MONTHS
    BET-- it is giving great consideration to the bitch. It is healthier in a long run to have a bitch spay earlier than later (less chance of certain cancers). A bitches uterus while pregnant isn't being bombarded with hormones that will age her uterus and cause pyo. Back to back in a healthy bitch of 2 to 4 years (especially if there was only one or two pups)was considered completely fine.
    These are experts in the field of reproduction Bet-- doctors who study this specific issue.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Default Confused

Sandy,

All I can say the experts you are mentioning hav'nt got the Welfare of the Cavalier Bitch.

Thank Goodness we do things differently here in Britain!
    Bet (Hargreaves)

Post Thanks / Like

Sandy,

All I can say the experts you are mentioning hav'nt got the Welfare of the Cavalier Bitch.

Thank Goodness we do things differently here in Britain!
    I JUST explained Bet that it is FOR the cavaliers HEALTH benefit.

The doctor that said this has been IN the field of dog health for almost 3 decades.
    Where is the brick wall smilie anyway.

Post Thanks / Like

Here you go Sandy
    Cathy
    Loving mom to Jake, Shelby and Micah

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Default Confused

Sorry about this Folks,but never having been a Cavalier Breeder ,and a Lover of Cavaliers,I have just got to repeat again, that the UK CKCS CLUB say on their Club WebSite, that NO CAVALIER BITCH MUST HAVE NO MORE THAN ONE LITTER IN ANY 12 MONTH PERIOD.

I guess Sandy must disagree with this Statement.

This is the end of my argument about this.
    Bet (Hargreaves)

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

In my personal opinion pregnancy is EXHAUSTING stuff- bitches are pregnant for, 9 weeks and look after the young for anything from 6-10/12 weeks from what ive heard.
    They come in season every 6 months or so (24 weeks) so surely this would only give them a couple of weeks break in between each pregnancy.
    I dont know much about mating but from what ive heard the dogs are paired up for a couple of weeks or so to conceive.
    So from start to finish its anything from 17 weeks to 22 weeks of the dogs life.
    That to me sounds exhausting and I certainly wouldnt want to do it all again 2-3 weeks later!!
    Poor girls

Karen

Karen

Ruby - my stunning soul mate who defies the odds every day
    Charlie- my angel at heart and devil at play

Post Thanks / Like

Sorry about this Folks,but never having been a Cavalier Breeder ,and a Lover of Cavaliers,I have just got to repeat again, that the UK CKCS CLUB say on their Club WebSite, that NO CAVALIER BITCH MUST HAVE NO MORE THAN ONE LITTER IN ANY 12 MONTH PERIOD.

I guess Sandy must disagree with this Statement.

This is the end of my argument about this.
    Not me personally Bet. I've never bred a bitch back to back. But I know how much YOU put stock in what the experts say. IF a bitch has a small litter and IF she bounces back well-- there are experts that say that a pregnant bitches uterus is HEALTHIER than a non pregnant bitch.. Of course if a bitch had a large litter or difficulties- then EVERYONE would agree that it isn't in the bitches best interest. You would only EVER breed a healthy bitch.

There are/were many antiquated ideas out there.