Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Squealing while pooing

Post Thanks / Like

Had to take Sasha in vet this morning.
    She was squealing trying to poo again but couldnt seem to poo properly....like she is constipated.
    She was in too much pain so i walked over and told them i wanted her admitted and xrayed...i couldnt listen to her crying anymore. My vet nurse witnessed what she was doing and agreed she needs seen ASAP....so i am now sitting waiting on news with Lucie my other cav on my lap.

Im beginning to wonder if she has a blockage too far up for the rectal to detect....or maybe it is her hips.
    Anyway.....will keep u all updated.
    Thanks for all the resposes guys
    Leesa
    XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX
    Lucie (Blenhiem) 8th Feb 2006
    Sasha(blk n tan) 19th May 2008

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Poor little girl. I do hope everything will be alright.

Thinking of you.
    Margaret C

Cavaliers......Faith, The Ginger Tank and Woody.
    Japanese Chins.... Dandy, Benny, Bridgette and Hana.
    Remembered with love......... Tommy Tuppence and Fonzi

Post Thanks / Like

Default Update............

Just spoke to vet and it is now confirmed it is her hips.
    Both not in great shape.
    Got to go collect Sasha at 4pm and speak to my vet regarding what is going to happen next.

Both me and hubby are devastated....she is only 17mths old....still a baby.

Once i get a full report and find out what is happening i will contact her breeder. The breeder has actually kept Sashas sister and i see her on and off.Last time i met her at a dog show and the pup won prizes...and there was a mention of possibly breeding her when she was 3....so for that sake it is only right i get her a copy of the report and advise her to get both mum,sister and dad seen!

Off to collect kids from school then go collect my baby.

Thanks for all the replies.x
    Leesa
    XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX
    Lucie (Blenhiem) 8th Feb 2006
    Sasha(blk n tan) 19th May 2008

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by leesanlucie View Post
    Just spoke to vet and it is now confirmed it is her hips.
    Both not in great shape.
    Got to go collect Sasha at 4pm and speak to my vet regarding what is going to happen next.

Both me and hubby are devastated....she is only 17mths old....still a baby.

Once i get a full report and find out what is happening i will contact her breeder. The breeder has actually kept Sashas sister and i see her on and off.Last time i met her at a dog show and the pup won prizes...and there was a mention of possibly breeding her when she was 3....so for that sake it is only right i get her a copy of the report and advise her to get both mum,sister and dad seen!

Off to collect kids from school then go collect my baby.

Thanks for all the replies.x
    If it turns out to be Hip Dysplasia please feel free to throw any questions you have my way!

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Leesa thanks for the update -- is so hard to know whether this is a better result than what might have come back as the cause, or not, isn't it? I hope this is something that can be addressed in a simple way. There are several here with experience of problem hips in their dogs so I know you can get a great level of support. Let us know what the vet says.
    Karlin
    Cavaliers: Jaspar Leo Lily Tansy Libby (foster) Mindy (foster)
    In memory: Lucy
    Cavalier SM Infosite:www.smcavaliers.com

Post Thanks / Like

Hi,
    Molly had this when she was only 16 weeks old. The first time she squealed she was 9 weeks but the vet thought I was bit neurotic being a new puppy owner! She didn't scream everytime but at least a couple of times a week. I was convinced she was constipated After a lot of unpleasant examinations, it turned out to be Hip Dysplasia. We were upset at the time to think this tiny little puppy would have to deal with this pain. Eventually Molly was treated with Cartrophen and Co-cosequin, we also took her to Hydrotherapy. We eventually built up enough muscle around the hips to provide support. We had to stop Hydrotherapy when she became lame in her front leg which was caused by sm. Our experience of owning a dog for the first time has been nothing but an emotional roller coaster. I wish you well with Sasha and my heart goes out to you.
    Tania and The Three Cavaliers!
    Dotty!- A Sweet Little Tri
    Molly - Pretty Tri Dougall - Gorgeous Blenheim