• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

Ida seems doesn't eat much for breakfast.

Ida

We've got her for 5 weeks, she's always doing well on meals, I mean nothing left in every meal. last couple day she started to not finish the breakfast, she ate like half of it from the amount. But she still can finish her dinner. it's weird. is this any sign of something?

Yes, I'd say 80% of my cavaliers have done this. Usually by the time they turn 3 years old, they won't turn down any food ever. They actually look at me like I am starving them by then.

Vivian started this, turning up her nose at breakfast which is dry kibble. I was hand feeding her and using this for training time, what my trainer suggests, but took a while and as I am not a morning person it was not my best time of day 0530.

I started putting some charlie bears in the dry, broken up and would give her a couple with practice commands out of the bowel. Then I would put it down and she woudl dive in. Has been working well.:biggrin:

it seems she's changed her taste.

I usually soak the kibble in hot water until it's mushy then feed her which she loves it at that age. Due to the problem I have recently, I tried to soak just less water and make it more crunchy and.. She turned to eat it!!!!

Well, now I know she's grown and doesn't like mushy kibble anymore.

By the way, would anyone give me suggestions about when we should feed dry kibble without soaking water to cav.

it seems she's changed her taste.

I usually soak the kibble in hot water until it's mushy then feed her which she loves it at that age. Due to the problem I have recently, I tried to soak just less water and make it more crunchy and.. She turned to eat it!!!!

Well, now I know she's grown and doesn't like mushy kibble anymore.

By the way, would anyone give me suggestions about when we should feed dry kibble without soaking water to cav.

When pups are tiny and being weaned, I'd soak their kibble in goats milk to make it soft. By the time they are 12 weeks old I would start to leave their food dry or give them a mixture of kibble on the bottom and canned Merrick puppy plate on top- THAT usually got them eating. BUT- It depends on the individual pups..

Sam used to turn his nose up at his food, it was soaked kibble. I got into the bad habbit of hand feeding him because I was worried he wasnt eating. Turns out he is just funny about his food. He is two now and eats dry kibble off kitchen towel!! haha if you put it in his bowl or on a plate he wont eat it.

They eat when they are hungry so just put the food down for 15 mins and then take it up. Dont treat in between meals either. Sam used to not eat his dinner because he knew he was getting a treat later on so we put a stop to this. They both get a treat after their walk.

My pups got dry kibble from the day they came home with me. For three of them, that was 10 weeks of age. Riley was 11 months when I got her. They have all eaten dry kibble without a problem even at 10 weeks old. I now add water to Oliver's kibble, not to soak it and make it mushy, but to slow down his eating since he is like a vacuum cleaner. I'm sure he doesn't chew anything!

Back