• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

Toby - Itchy skin problem

lisa wood

If anybody remembers i posted a while ago about my cav Toby, ive only had him 4 months now. he was suffering with red itching skin, well would you believe it the scratching has almost stopped and the redness has almost gone too.
i took him to the vets the last time 3 weeks ago and she was really pleased with him, i have been using Malaseb shampoo has prescibed from the vet but now i only use it once a week, instead of twice.
Not to sure if the shampoo thats done the trick or the fact that hes now in a different home, maybe it was something that the previous owners had been using around there home,or maybe the weather, i dont know for sure. could it have been down to the fact the scratching became habbit with him, everytime ive seen him scratch at himself id put him off doing it, Id give him something to play with or get him to do something for a treat.
Anyway im keeping my fingers crossed.
:)

Lisa, Was that your Black and Tan who was scratching under the chin? If so, I'm glad you persevered with the Malaseb. It's excellent.
Elspeth

Good to hear Toby is doing better! It could have been any number of things- a flea allergy (which can take months to clear up), an allergy to the food he was eating in his former home, etc.

The important thing is you've got it cleared up now! I believe that shampoo you were using is good for clearing up yeast infections which can happen as a result of scratching, and in itself causes itching.

Back