• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

Ready to reve up the agility

SuzRN

I worked a local agility match today where I train Chelsea and will be training Vivie. Hot day, busy with setting poles and running results but loved watching the teams work. One one Cavi, a seven year old blenheim who did very well, took her time but did clean runs.

I have not been able to work with the trainer and Chelsea for almost 3 months and probably only a few drop in classes this month. I will need to work more on our own to get back up to snuff. I can tell that my trainer wishes we could line up our schedules but not working out right now.

New goal, first real agility match local March 14? But realistically the match in Elk Grove in May. Now I just need to get too it. Any suggestions for home training(I have some equipment) gladly appreciated. :dgwlk:

I worked a local agility match today where I train Chelsea and will be training Vivie. Hot day, busy with setting poles and running results but loved watching the teams work. One one Cavi, a seven year old blenheim who did very well, took her time but did clean runs.

I have not been able to work with the trainer and Chelsea for almost 3 months and probably only a few drop in classes this month. I will need to work more on our own to get back up to snuff. I can tell that my trainer wishes we could line up our schedules but not working out right now.

New goal, first real agility match local March 14? But realistically the match in Elk Grove in May. Now I just need to get too it. Any suggestions for home training(I have some equipment) gladly appreciated.
:dgwlk:

Hi there,

Im still a bit of a novice with Ruby- we havent competed yet but will be next year- well thats if I can find anywhere to get her measured!!

Ive started to clicker train Ruby commands
'left' 'right' straight on' and 'back'

that way if she gets ahead of me I can tell her which way to go
it seems to be going well so far!!
I only have weaves and a couple of jumps in the garden
Good luck

There is nothing better than seeing a Cav in agility!! I love it!!;)

You better tell me when you guys will be competing....we'll be there for sure since Lucky is an Agility School Drop Out!!!!! hehe

Thanks for all the info. I have a subscription to Clean Run and agility mag and have ordered some things from them before. Will get some weave poles to get better at this.

Lucky today one of my co-workers wants to swap weekends so hopefully can get at least one lesson in this fall. Let you know how things are going.:thnx:

Agility is so much fun. We are just getting back into training as I had knee surgery at the end of June. I am hoping to get back competing with Gem in December. Clean Run is a great magazine.

Be sure to take Chelsea to some of the trials beforehand so that she can get used to all the excitement of being around so many people and other dogs. It would be a good idea to take your set up and get her used to staying in a crate for the amount of time that would be equivalent of you walking a course.

Above all else, have fun!

Chelsea is such a cutie and she looks so much like my little ruby, Sapphire. I have Sapphire in foundation classes. She's having a blast.
J.

I was able to swap weekends with a coworker,(she going wine tasting me on call and going in to work, who got the short end of that deal) so I was able to get one lesson in next weekend, probably the only one till Jan. Will bring both girls, Vivian in some foundation and Chelsea working on hopefully weaves and contact. Thanks for the messages,

Also was offered a sitter for Chelsea for the next match in 2 weeks to get her used to the matches.

Back