• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

In-home pet sitters

Love my Cavaliers

I was wondering if anyone knows anything about either of these organizations: National Association of Professional Pet Sitters and Pet Sitters International? We are going to spend most of the winter in Arizona (away from the Chicago cold and snow) and are bringing all four dogs with us. However, we will be returning to Chicago once a month for about a week and need someone in Arizona to take care of the dogs. I like the idea of having someone stay in our house with them, but there is the trust issue to deal with since I don't know anyone out there. I will ask the vet we will be using also. Other than those two organizations and asking the vet, does anyone have any idea of how to go about finding a reliable, trustworthy pet sitter?

I've used local college students to stay in my home with our pets when we're on vacation. The students tend to have flexible schedules (so they can be home with your animals most of the time) and enjoy making the extra money.

Maybe you know of a local college student through work / church / school friends?

Hey there .........

How wonderful you'll be in AZ for the winter! I don't know where you will be staying, but if you need a terrific vet, I had (and my daughter has) one that is fantastic in Scottsdale. I took my animals to him and my daughter still takes her animals to him. He recommended a pet sitter to my daughter and she is very happy with her. If you would like to PM me, I will be happy to give you her name and number.

Thanks Marilyn, but we're going to be in Tucson. I have found a neurologist who is familiar with SM for Riley. They also have a cardiologist in the same practice so I'll bring Oz there for his murmur. Still have to find a regular vet. I did find a Cavalier Club in Tucson - thanks for that suggestion Holly. Tara - unfortunately we don't know anyone in Tucson yet, but the college students are a good idea - as long as they don't party in my house!! Thanks for all the ideas.

Bev, I would get in contact with the local Tucson Cavalier club and get in touch with the rescue coordinator. She will be able to send out a request to their fosterers to see if anyone would be willing to watch them once a month. The fosterers are used to having extra dogs around anyway. That would be the best scenario in my eyes. That's what people in our club do---they watch each other's dogs while on vacation! :)

So LMC

Where near Chicago do you live? What town?
I am in Leland and just wondering how far away you are!

Back