• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

Petition for licensed FIREWORKS only

Wagtails

Have been asked to crosspost this from another Forum.

I guess there must have been a few of these petitions in the past and nothing much has changed so far, but persistence is the name of the game here.

Noone wants to be regarded as a kill joy, but in recent years the number and ferocity of fireworks has been constantly increasing, together with the number of occasions on which they are considered essential.

Every year animals are lost and killed when they run in panic from fireworks, and children and adults are also injured by misuse of them.

We all know the misery this can cause to our beloved pets, but does anyone ever think of the farm animals and wildlife which also suffer?
de2da3b4.gif

So, if you feel able to, please click on the link below to sign this petition to ban the sale of fireworks to the general public and permit licensed firework displays only, so that our pets don't have to go through night after night of stress and panic at this time of the year, every year, and at various other "celebratory" times of the year.

http://petitions.number10.gov.uk/rockets/

This is an important move, if it can be accomplished! Illegal fireworks are so dangerous -- really hate them.

Unfortunately we cant sign the petition, not being a uk resident.

Last night there was a car driving around our area throwing fireworks out of the window. This was not only moronic but extremely dangerous to other road users!

Its about time something was done about it (y)

Pleased to see that this has already struck a chord with some of you - it is a particular soapbox of mine! :swear:

If you can crosspost to other Forums, please do so. (I've already done Friends of the Animals RCT; Hope Rescue; Four Paws Rescue; Rescue Aid For Animals; Hereford and Worcs Animal Rescue; The Little Dog Rescue).

Many thanks for your support - knew I would be able to count on you on this Board cl*p

Back