• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

Fresh breath at last!

Janice

I was recommended THIS Vet Aquadent. A capful in 250ml of their drinking water and it keep plaque from their teeth and best of all, freshens breath.

I ordered one afternoon online and it was with me the next morning.

It is wonderful to be able to have Reuben near my face again!!! :jmp2:

Hi Janice

That is one of the seven products I use to keep their teeth their clean and healthy and their breath nice and fresh ,as it is fairly well proven that a link does exist between clean teeth and a healthy heart. My problem having 4 Cavaliers it means 4 x 7 = 28 cleaning processes every night or 10220 different actions every year ,but they are worth it .:)

Hi Brian,
I know you've posted their dental routine before, but could you tell me what 7 products you use (too lazy to search!) as at present I only use 2. Feeling a little inadequate here.:D

Hi Madpip

If I can remember cos when I perform every night I switch to autopilot

1) Brush with a doggy flavoured toothpaste
2) Brush with Logic Gel
3) Brush with Petzlife salmon flavoured Oral Gel
4) Squirt with Petzlife salmon flavoured Oral Spray
5) Feed 1 small logic dental chew
6) Feed one Dorwest Fragaria pillule
7) Feed one Rhus Tox pillule

Add Aquadent to water and also one pce of sulphur rock ,and the above is after they have all lined up for their supplements ,all good fun .:):):):)

I just looked on the website for Vet Aquadent and it says it contains xylitol. Isn't that supposed to be harmful for dogs - or am I thinking about something else?

I just looked on the website for Vet Aquadent and it says it contains xylitol. Isn't that supposed to be harmful for dogs - or am I thinking about something else?

You are right thanks for pointing that out :sl*p:

However I'm thinking if you take the dilution factor into account the concentration of xylitiol is more then likely too low to cause any damge. I still wouldn't feel comfotable putting it into my dogs drinking water all of the time maybe just once a week..:?

Brush brush brush!!! After our February dentals I had a deep discussion with our dental tech. Her best piece of advice was brush those teeth!! She said other things will definitely help but the very best thing to do is brush. It's easy to do once you get them used to it and so beneficial. I do give Petzlife oral gel but am not convinced it's doing a whole lot....but have heard from others who have seen great results.

Back