• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

DOG WORLD and APGAW REPORT

Dog World and APGAW Report.

I don't want to be snide ,but Sandy is really showing her ignorance now about not knowing the Geneticists I mentioned.

They live in Britain.

Just enter their names on the Internet ,Sandy, and then you will know who they are.

Of course you want to be snide-- or you would NOT have said that.

I am at work Bet and not able to peruse the web at will-- didn't find ANY article except this
http://www.ourdogs.co.uk/newsextra/2009/Extra260209/times.htm

What part of this sentence says anything about renown doctors?? It says according to JH DNA testing is a modern miracle- but there can be negative effect...

There is an excellant Article in Dogs Today written by Jemima Harrison,just published,she mentions ,DNA Testing is a Modern Miracle,but there can be Negative Effects to Playing God With Genes.

Not to be snide Bet-- but you stated it as JH's OPINION -unsubstantiated

Last edited:
Dog World and APGAW Report.

Sandy, I was talking about Jemima Harrison's Article in DOGS TODAY Magazine which is published here in Britain.I received my December edition this morning.

if you want to know what the Dog's Today article says, why don't you just read the article,

I would love too! Please post a link so I know exactly what article is being referred to so that we are talking apple to apples!

I have taken graduate and doctoral level courses in genetics and genetic syndromes. Mode of inheritance is for each individual pairing of egg and sperm, not for groups. You could figure out the stats for a litter of puppies born to two carriers of a recessive gene, but you would still have to incorporate the stats for each individual (puppy) first. What you would end up with would be a bell curve showing no affected puppies (meaning without either copy of the recessive gene) at one end, all affected puppies (meaning double copies of the recessive gene) at the other and a mix of the numbers of puppies carrying one copy of the recessive gene somewhere along the curve depending on the size of the litter. Meaning that your chances of getting a litter with all affected puppies or a litter with all non-carrier puppies is the least likely outcome, but very possible. You will most likely get some combination of affected, carriers and non-carriers.

J.

Last edited:
Dog World and APGAW REPORT

Could I just mention this has just appeared in Our Dogs ,where it was mentioned about Carriers, it has just been confirmed that these figures were as I said Statisticly.

Here are further figures, this is about Staffords.

If two L2+HGA or HC Affected Staffords Bred to-gether ,all Pups will be affected

Sire

Dam Offspring

Clear to Clear .100% Clear

Clear to Carrier >50% Clear +50% Carriers.

Clear to Affected > 100% Carriers

Carrier to Clear > 50% Clear +50% Carriers.

Carrier to Carrier > 25% Clear + 25% Affected+ 50 % Carriers

Carrier to Affected > 50 % Carriers + 50% Affected

Affected to Clear >100% Carriers

Affected to Carrier 50% Carriers +50% Affected

Affected to Affected > 100% Affected

I don't know whether this Ratio will apply to our Cavalier Breed once the CM/SM....MVD Genes are found.

Is not at the present time ,for the CM/SM and MVD Problems afflicting Cavaliers ,till those Genes are found, the only course open for Cavalier Breeders ,is to MRI Scan for SM and Heart Test their Cavalier Breeding Stock?

Back