Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Verbal bullying is not a joke.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Default Verbal bullying is not a joke.

I have spoken before about the spiteful name calling that some of the the CavalierChat members indulge in.
    It seems that the moderators are not prepared to try and rein in certain members.

Robust debate is one thing, but there is no exploring of issues in what is being written, just verbal bullying.

A few months ago someone choose to issue an invitation to me......
    "you could bring along your broomstick"

She has now posted on that forum..............
    "I think Margaret C should consider a new 'familiar'. The present one is an embarrassment (ok, this is a joke.You know something not to be taken seriously.>bg) Hang on, I think I may just have described BH?"

Libellous comment is never a joke.

I have decided I will not ignore these comments any more. This is on a cavalier breeders forum, we are both Cavalier Club members and so I will be putting in a complaint to the UK Cavalier Club.

Bet, you are also a Cavalier Club Member, I suggest you print off the very nasty personal comments published by the small group of CavalierChat members that have been so very rude to you, and send in a complaint
    Last edited by Margaret C; 6th November 2009 at 12:22 AM. Reason: Silly senior moment
    Margaret C

Cavaliers......Faith, The Ginger Tank and Woody.
    Japanese Chins.... Dandy, Benny, Bridgette and Hana.
    Remembered with love......... Tommy Tuppence and Fonzi

Post Thanks / Like

Margaret- I think you mean Cavalier Chat, not Talk.
    Trisha in Southwest Florida
    Cavaliers: Casey, Ollie, & Winston and usually a foster or two! Cats: Pebbles & Benson

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by chloe92us View Post
    Margaret- I think you mean Cavalier Chat, not Talk.
    Oh dear senior moment, many thanks, I will edit it
    Margaret C

Cavaliers......Faith, The Ginger Tank and Woody.
    Japanese Chins.... Dandy, Benny, Bridgette and Hana.
    Remembered with love......... Tommy Tuppence and Fonzi

Post Thanks / Like

There are certainly a few people on that forum who worry themselves into fits over Bet. It is interesting that the moderators aren't warning them about their behavior. It is very specific in their rules about not flaming.

I find these kinds of postings childish and very boorish. They certainly don't show these people in the best of light.
    J.
    J. and pups, Gem, Monty, Harley and Sapphire

Post Thanks / Like

I CAN'T BELIEVE THIS!

What in the world is going on? Why do people fail to realize that they should be grateful to these people who have been working and taking their time, money and energy to try to protect Cavaliers who, after all, are living beings with feelings and the right to lives free of inherited disease. I have no way of understanding this. If I had or was the carrier of a serious genetic disease, would these same people be saying that I should be having children who would likely suffer?

I have never read ONE THING that even hints that Margaret or Bet are trying to do anything now other than protect Cavaliers and their owners. Are these poor dogs just a commodity to be bred for the glory of people? How can people who are trying their hardest to protect people and animals from suffering be vilified? What kind of person would do that? By calling people ugly names and distorting their motives, they are showing that Cavaliers as living and breathing beings do not really matter to them at all.

I (fortunately) was never exposed to this kind of behavior before I got my poor little dog with SM. I am appalled. I did not think adults who present themselves as educated and civilized would ever act this way. I would love to hear an explanation or some attempt at justification for how these people are treating both of you and also anybody else who is simply trying to do what is honest and right.

Kathy
    --
    " It is hard to fight an enemy who has outposts in your head"----Sally Kempton

Post Thanks / Like

Thumbs down Explanation asked for.....

I have asked Mr Mynott to explain what is happening to his Forum.

My post is self explanatory ?

Mark Marshall.

Post Thanks / Like

Sticks and stones......they are the ignorant ones,who cant have a normal GROWN UP discussion without name calling,rise above.They are just soooo thick,they cant find the words other than childish slants,GO GIRL.........

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Justine View Post
    Sticks and stones......they are the ignorant ones,who cant have a normal GROWN UP discussion without name calling,rise above.They are just soooo thick,they cant find the words other than childish slants,GO GIRL.........
    Hang on - isn't your statement about them being 'thick' just falling into the same trap!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Two wrongs don't make a right.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Default Verbal Bullying is Not a Joke.

Thanks Folks for your Shoulders ,Margaret ,I did'nt know I could complain to the UK CKCS CLUB, I had already Printed the Worst of the Abusive Comments off.

To-day they will be winging their way to the UK CKCS CLUB Committee.

I will not be giving them the satisfaction of replying to the Vociferious Few on their comments to me any more ,I am not going to be reading the Cavalier Chat List.

I have only been saying for the Past couple of years ,that I feel ,in my opinion ,how the Cavaliers have altered.

Smaller Heads, Shorter Legs, Longer Backs.

Whether this has anything to do with the Cavaliers and their SM Problem , I just don't know.

This week as a Result of the APGAW Report ,the News Papers here in Britain, have latched onto the Fact and Printed about the poor wee Cavalier writhing in Agony because of SM ,and the Papers have said this is because the Cavaliers have been Bred with Heads so Small ,the Brain outgrows the Skull.

How this can be over-come I just don't know ,.

There are now so many Cavaliers around to-day with Small Heads,I have read it described as the Modern Look.

As I have mentioned ,the Cavaliers ,in the 1930's ,in order to get the Flat Type of Head required for the Cavalier Breed ,the Dome Shape of the King Charles Spaniel was altered ,

Is the Malformed Bone that so many Cavaliers have to-day, I believe it's about 90%,a result of what happened in the 1930's.

Then because the Cavalier Breeders in the late 1980's , and early 1990's, seemed to have started to alter the Shape of the Cavaliers' Head again was this the reason for SM making it's appearance in Cavaliers. .

I had sent Dr I Mc Gonnell ,who is researching the Fetus Research at the Moment, Photos of Present Day Cavaliers and Photos of the Older Type Heads of Cavaliers ,to compare them.

I had word back from here saying that maybe there could be a Link somewhere .but she didnt know.

Also Dr C Rusbridge has recently put on her Neurological Web Site about the Minaturization of Cavaliers.

Is it possible that ,for the Cavalier Breed ,this perhaps could be a Link with their SM Disease.

I read in Professor Sir P Bateson's initial Report ,his mention about our Cavalier Breed and their SM Problem .So it is causing concern every where .

I do think that ,because the SM Problem could be so wide-spread in Cavaliers, and it might be a while before the CM/SM Genes are found, that the only course open to Cavalier Breeders is to MRI Scan their Breeding Stock to find out if there is a Syrinx Present.

Unfortunately ,it might be too late now, since there are so many Cavaliers with Smaller Heads,if this could be Link with SM, that it's possible there will be many many Cavalier Carriers of the CM/SM Genes.

I really do think that the Cavalier Breed is in Dire Straits at the moment, will it ever recover , only time will tell .
    Bet (Hargreaves)

Post Thanks / Like

Just to say,i emailed some one selling Cavs and asked all the questions,there web and advert stated...That all their dogs were health checked,certs provided etc etc,i was quietly impressed,so when i recieved their email back,it was abusive and they were telling me i was being some kind of smart a..e.They are based here and have this fancy web site,well i was shocked.So i emailed back saying....With that att.you have said it all.They denied any health issues with the breed etc etc.I would love to tell who they are but cant.