• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

Is this possible?

Chuck

When I got Nina, I was informed that she likes to walk. In fact, she gets very excited when getting ready for a walk, and screams at you to hurry up! That is true, and she performed that perfectly whenever we were getting ready to go out.[/FONT]
In the last few weeks, she was not screaming in the morning. She acted like she did not want to walk at all! When we were walking she would hold back and I almost had to drag her to keep up with the other two dogs and me. I thought maybe she was not awake yet or maybe a little stiff so early in the morning. I could relate to that, as not all of me seem to wake up at the same time. By the time we went for our long walk later in the morning she would yell for me to hurry and get ready. Then she was back to her normal hunting as we went on our way.
Now just this past week she has not wanted to walk with us after dinner! What the heck, I thought, is she going lame! I have started to carry her down the stairs, as I know going down puts a strain on the front feet. That has not helped.
Last night I watched her very carefully, she held back and if I stopped she would turn around and act like she wanted to go back home. Then when we got to a very brightly-lighted street near an apartment complex, she turned into the old Nina! Thinking back this strange behavior started one week ago for the night walk. Bingo! That was the time change, and now it is dark when we walk. And it has been dark in the morning for nearly a month. My conclusion is that Nina is afraid of the dark. What do you think

Alfie didnt like walking in the dark,he got very spooked,he would be on edge until we were in a lit up area.Could be.

I think I would get her checked over just in case - particuarly her eye sight. If she is starting to have eye sight problems, she might be very wary of walking in the dark.

Hope she is ok - she hasn't had a bad experience on one of your "dark" walks at all?

My dog door is in the garage, found out Vivian will go out through the garage unless the light is on. Have changed to one of the compact florescent bulbs so I won't have to change it all the time.

Back