• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

Trip to the Mourne Mountains

rosiesmum

Since it was such a lovely sunny day, rather than spend the day on the computer and ignoring the housework, I decided to take Rosie and my camera out for the day. I surprised my mum by turning up at hers unexpectedly and asked her if she wanted to come with us. We set of with both dogs (Rosie and mum's dog Tara) and took the scenic route to the mountains.

Sorry, there are more pictures of scenery than dogs!

First stop was Spelga Dam:

Mournes005.jpg

Mournes020.jpg

Then we went to Silent Valley (the man on the gate let us in for free - I asked him if my Forest Parks pass covered me, but it didn't, so as I was reaching for my purse he said to go on in - what a lovely man)

This photo is just out of the car park:

Mournes034.jpg

On the walk up to the reservoir:

Mournes036.jpg

Mournes045.jpg

Here's mum, her dog Tara, and Rosie up by the reservoir:

Mournes065.jpg

Tara wanting to see what we were looking at:

Mournes067.jpg

Me, Rosie and Tara - notice the look Rosie is giving Tara!

Mournes071.jpg

View from the reservoir at the mountains:

Mournes082.jpg

Looking back the way we came:

Mournes083.jpg

As we were leaving, there was a squirrel by the gatehouse who wanted to say hello:

Mournes100.jpg

Then we went on to Newcastle where I could finally let Rosie off her lead (until she found the carcass of a washed up sheep on the beach - yuck!)

Mournes110.jpg

Sorry for the photo overload - I did take loads more but I didn't want to bore you too much!

The Mourne Mountains is a fantastic area and if any of you visit Co Down, make sure you visit the mountains.

Beautiful day , and it is nice to see the sun actually shines there.
The DH and I were in Newcastle two years ago. He played golf at Royal County Down and I planned to walk the entire 18 with him (as I usually do), but it was freeeezing (in May), dreadful wind, and then started raining, so I spent the back nine in the clubhouse guest area reading a book. The staff was lovely, bringing me hot tea and biscuits.
Nonetheless, we decided that RCD is the holy grail of golf gourses.

Thanks for sharing with us. The scenery and Mourne Mountains are so dramatic and utterly beautiful.

Beautiful country that you can enjoy! Lovely photos of scenery, your Mom, yourself and your beautiful companionscl*p

Never too many pics of such beauty.

Heather R

Wow, the scenery is just breathtaking!! Thanks for sharing the pictures wit hus.

Gorgeous dogs too ... of course!

Back