• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

It cracks me up to hear her bark

Kiddo

Roxy RARELY barks. She's a year old now and we've heard her bark maybe 5 times total. It's so funny too, we have a chocolate lab who barks ALL the time, mainly when they're outside playing and ohhhh, a leaf blows by, or...there's a change in the wind (LOL!), but Roxy----she's a diffferent story. She just hardly ever barks! And when she does it's so stinkin' cute we can hardly contain ourselves. She wants to be tough, and really she is, she gives Lucy a run for her money and won't hesitate to jump on the 74 pound lab if it means getting her bone back, but that bark just gives her away. It's so tiny and sweet.

Gotta love our Cavvy's!

~Dawn

Last edited:
:lol: Just be careful what you define as cute! Many dogs take until about a year old before they start to bark much and if they are around another barker, can easily become a barker (though my experience with labs is they sure love the sound of their voices, while most cavaliers do not :). You may discover that she starts to find her barking voice from now on, or she may just be a naturally quiet dog. Mine tend to bark if there's something to bark at, but not otherwise.

LOL! My Bailey hardly ever barks and when she does it's only when she gets really excited about something and she'll jump around like a spring lamb barking away. Soo cute! Dylan on the other hand barks all the time which is not so cute :lol:

"jump around like a spring lamb"

YES!! That describes Roxy to a "T."

She's hilarious! I hear ya on the contagious barking, and hopefully (fingers crossed) that won't happen, but it's just too cute for now. She has this teeny little ".....ruffff...." and then she "jumps around like a spring lamb."

:)

Rudy has never barked much either. My OH will get her wound up throwing the ball or some other toy. When she gets really impatient with him, he'll bark, once or twice. That's it. He's a very quiet little guy.

Chaos has a barking relationship with a labrador that lives at the back of our garden especially when I let her out for a last wee if he happens to be out at the same time. It is really annoying as I have to find her amongst the undergrowth in the dark and carry her back in so as not to upset the neighbours. She will also sit on the windowsill half way up the stairs and if she sees a cat or something over the road, or worse in our front garden she goes mad. But at least she does not bark all the time and for nothing.

Jasper did`nt bark hardly at all until he was about 6 months old, I can remember it was really sweet when he first started barking, he has his moments when he feels he owns the road if anyone goes by or if their are dogs and cats about, don`t know if it is a male thing as our neighbour has a female dog and she hardly ever barks.

Poppy rarely barks, but when she does we find it so funny... funniest time is when she barked at the toilet roll holder because it moved.. hehe

Gotta love them though...

I loved hearing Mrs. Beasleys little "voice" at first. It was all so new. I wanted to get to know all parts about her including how she sounded. She's not an over barker, just when she wants to jump into bed with you and of course when she does her "play bow" (the is the cutest thing) My neighboors upstairs have 2 Chiauaus (sp?) and when she hears them bark sometimes she barks back and they have a converstaion I guess. I wonder what they're telling each other.

Our Sophie will bark if she sees something outside, or thinks she hears a sound, but that may only happen a few minutes per day. I let her bark for a minute (we've had lots of break-ins and prowlers in our community) and then I tell her "Enough." Our last dog never barked, so it is a treat to have something to warn off potential burglars.

Hoopy isn't much of a barker. She does bark most evenings for a minute if she sees any pass by our house.

She is more of a howl at the moon type of gal! That is so funny to watch her do that! lol

Back