• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

Only award trophies for top stud & top brood bitch to health tested cavaliers

Margaret C

Just thought I would flag up that if any Cavalier Club member wants to put an agenda item for discussion at the AGM, then they should write in within the next month or so.

Items for discussion have to be sent to the secretary 10 weeks before the date of the AGM ( usually in March )

I am going to have to ask that the conclusions of the Bateson Review is discussed before anyone knows what will be in it.

I will also be suggesting that the Club's point trophies for the top stud dog & top brood bitch should only be awarded to fully health tested cavaliers.

Only Award Trophies for Top Stud & Top Brood Bitches to Health Tested Cavaliers

Margaret ,

What a sensible Proposal .

Surely it will be accepted.

I am going to have to ask that the conclusions of the Bateson Review is discussed before anyone knows what will be in it.
As to what will be in it, I think that some have read some interviews with Bateson such as on DogWorld and where they may have some idea of what his Report may contain.

I remember during the Australian 19 minute video interview when Bateson was asked what particularly worried him he replied Syringomyelia, he then went on mentioning severe headaches where the dog was quietly suffering. Yes he talked about this which I think may be in his Report.

The video interview for ABC TV Australia is still available on the internet on the ABC website, see at the bottom of the page via this link address.
http://www.abc.net.au/catalyst/extras/extra_videos/pedigreedogs/default.htm

By the way, I also noted that Bateson did mention this which I think may also be in his Report.
"I think a lot could be done by good Codes of Practice which then could be used, and if an animal charity wants to bring a case against a dog breeder and the dog breeder has not followed the Codes of Practice then they could be successfully Prosecuted.”

Back