• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

DOG FLU on East Coast of US

heather r

Took Abigail to vet for her 3 year rabies shot yesterday.

I asked vet about flu hitting dogs on West Coast. He said that he has treated dogs with it from New York and Conn. Hr said that it originated on greyhound tracks (hitting that breed very hard).

He is giving new flu vaccination to dogs going to dog shows but is leary of giving to other dogs until he is more sure of possible unwanted side effects as well as being unsure how effective the shot will be in dogs.

Heather weighed in at a hefty 14 1/2 pounds and won over the vet with her kisses.

Heather R

Yikes!

As if I wasn't freaked out enough about my kiddos getting it, now I have to worry about my doggie girls getting it too?!! Ugh. Thankfully we don't go to any dog shows, and my dogs aren't really exposed to other dogs, so I don't think it'll be a worry in our situation.

Thanks for the heads-up though!

~Dawn

Back