Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Thanks to CAROL F.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by RodRussell View Post
    What he had to say was very interesting. His viewpoint seems to boil down to: If "it doesn't show", the dog should be eligible for a championship and possibly even to be bred. For examples: A blind dog, if he can find his way around the show ring, should be able to compete. A Cavalier with MVD or SM, as long as the disorder "doesn't show", should be allowed to compete and be bred.
    Rod that is an interesting comment and I noted what frecklesmom posted in the General section of this forum.
    KC revises exhibitors’ show entry declaration
    I/we also undertake to abide by the regulations of this show and not to bring to the show any dog which has contracted or been knowingly exposed to any infectious or contagious disease during the 21 days prior to the show, or which is suffering from a visible condition which adversely affects its health or welfare or to bring any dog which has been prepared for exhibition contrary to Kennel Club regulations for the ‘preparation of dogs for exhibition F(Annex B)

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

That's about it, Eddy. As far as the UK Kennel Club chairman seems to be concerned, superficial appearances rule the day. Invisible genetic disorders don't count because they are invisible.

It's time for this gentlemen to GO!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by RodRussell View Post
    That's about it, Eddy. As far as the UK Kennel Club chairman seems to be concerned, superficial appearances rule the day. Invisible genetic disorders don't count because they are invisible.

It's time for this gentlemen to GO!
    Rod in my previous post I made a mistake and I have been corrected privately which I am thankful for. David Cavill is NOT the Chairman of the UK Kennel Club. Ronnie Irving is the Chairman.

Here is a webpage with information about David Cavill who appeared in that video, see at this link address.
    http://www.corsini.co.uk/cavill/david.htm

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by EddyAnne View Post
    Rod in my previous post I made a mistake and I have been corrected privately which I am thankful for. David Cavill is NOT the Chairman of the UK Kennel Club. Ronnie Irving is the Chairman.
    Well, that is a big relief! It did seem quite unpolitic for the chairman of the Kennel Club to go out on a limb like Mr. Cavill did. Nevertheless, it seems that their ethics code provision falls right in line with Mr. Cavill's thinking.