Thread: Senior food?

Hybrid View

Post Thanks / Like

Default Senior food?

I have Gus on JWB Lamb and Rice and he is doing well on it for over a year now.

As he is less active now and can have a tendency to put on weight (but is not overweight now) his food is quite reduced compared to the other two 'nuts' (Pippin and DJ)...

He will be 8 years old in a couple of weeks so I was wondering, should I put him on to a senior food?
    Gus(blenhiem) Pippin(tri) DJ(ruby)

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by pippa View Post
    I have Gus on JWB Lamb and Rice and he is doing well on it for over a year now.

As he is less active now and can have a tendency to put on weight (but is not overweight now) his food is quite reduced compared to the other two 'nuts' (Pippin and DJ)...

He will be 8 years old in a couple of weeks so I was wondering, should I put him on to a senior food?

Pippa,
    The old adage: "If it ain't broke, don't fix it" comes to mind. If your dog is well and happy, leave things as they are, would be my advice.
    Elspeth

Post Thanks / Like

If putting on weight becomes a problem, then JWBs Senior/Light is a good option - the dog still has plenty of biscuits to eat, but they don't add to their weight. But as Murphy says, you don't really need to change unless weight becomes a problem.

Kate, Oliver and Aled