Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Two Questions Pls

Post Thanks / Like

Oliver has been a scooter all of his life whether his glands are full or not. In fact, he comes home from having them expressed and scoots that same day! I think he likes the feeling. We've tried everything - changing food, adding bran flakes, adding pumpkin, more vegies, etc. Nothing has made a difference. His stools are nice and firm and formed. Luckily he has never had an abcess. The vet did say that his glands were kind of tucked up more than normal. So, we've learned to live with it - gross when you have company over though!
    Bev
    Oliver (blenheim, born 3/2001), Riley (black & tan, born 8/2002,), Madison (ruby, born 9/2003), and Oz (tri-color, born 7/2007)

Post Thanks / Like

Our Abigail did this when we first met her at breeders. The breeder said that was a habit of cavaliers. Is that fact or fiction?

I know that our vet treated Abigail for worms when she first came to live with us. Abigail still scoots around on her hind end even though vet cleared out her anal glands. After that procedure our little actress yelped whenever we picked her up fot a day and a half

Heather R

Post Thanks / Like

#1 Surprised that the Vet mentioned removal but couldn't find anything wrong.

#2 Couldn't hurt to have the blood tested then go from there.

Loki will scoot from one end of the room to the other with his back legs straight up. There's nothing wrong with him. I think he just likes it.
    Teri, Remus, Loki, Leopold
    3 cats - Rumor, Serenity, & Thor