Thread: need dog food help

Post Thanks / Like

Cool need dog food help

I have a 8 mo tri color cavalier when i brought him home from the breeder he was on Eukanuaba he would'nt eat it without adding something to it the same with Royal Caine, and Blue brand dog food. What do cavaliers like to eat please advise thank you

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Every dog is different, you kind of have to work to figure out what they like. However, adding a little something to dry food can make any food more palatable. Since he's a puppy you might try fish oil (loaded with omega fatty acids, and very stinky). My border collie loved oats in his food. Low-fat yogurt or cheese might work too. I wouldn't do more than about a teaspoon of anything (and fish oil would be much less).

Good luck, picky eaters are tough.

Post Thanks / Like

What do Cavaliers like to eat? If you ask any of my four - ANYTHING!!!! Soushiruiuma has some good ideas though. If you're going to add anything, I would not add pieces of things that they can pick out and eat around their other food. Maybe adding a spoonful of yogurt and mix his kibble in with it. Good luck. I'm glad I never had a picky eater.
    Bev
    Oliver (blenheim, born 3/2001), Riley (black & tan, born 8/2002,), Madison (ruby, born 9/2003), and Oz (tri-color, born 7/2007)

Post Thanks / Like

Sorry i replied in your other post, di
    What's the difference between a new husband and a new dog? After a year, the dog is still excited to see you.