• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

need dog food help

sammie

I have a 8 mo tri color cavalier when i brought him home from the breeder he was on Eukanuaba he would'nt eat it without adding something to it the same with Royal Caine, and Blue brand dog food. What do cavaliers like to eat please advise thank you

Every dog is different, you kind of have to work to figure out what they like. However, adding a little something to dry food can make any food more palatable. Since he's a puppy you might try fish oil (loaded with omega fatty acids, and very stinky). My border collie loved oats in his food. Low-fat yogurt or cheese might work too. I wouldn't do more than about a teaspoon of anything (and fish oil would be much less).

Good luck, picky eaters are tough.

What do Cavaliers like to eat? If you ask any of my four - ANYTHING!!!! Soushiruiuma has some good ideas though. If you're going to add anything, I would not add pieces of things that they can pick out and eat around their other food. Maybe adding a spoonful of yogurt and mix his kibble in with it. Good luck. I'm glad I never had a picky eater.

Back