• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

Escaped!!

Nicki

We had to go out for a few hours this morning - fortunately we'd taken everyone out for a good walk first.

We put the four youngsters - one 11 months, the other 3 are 5 1/2 months {yes I know, completely mad but these things happen!!} - in the puppy pen when we left, with a nice chew treat.

I knew that Lauren, one of the babies, had sorted out how to escape if I only lift the door onto the latches - she puts her jaws around the bottom and closes together, so that it unlatches...
22.gif

{she's already cleverer than me
shakehead.gif
shakehead.gif
}

There is also a bolt which goes across, and I'd obviously forgotten to bolt it
Face4.gif
as we came home to find all of them sitting happily on the sofa and chairs!!!

Actually they'd been really good - no accidents, and nothing chewed - AMAZING!!!

Note to self - remember to latch and BOLT the puppy pen next time...icon_whistling

I'm afraid it's hard to legistale for cavalier genius ! Lauren sounds like a real little minx:)
Sins

we came home to find all of them sitting happily on the sofa and chairs!!!

:rotfl:

Then they all are indeed cavaliers! Of course they found the most comfortable places and where they will all expect to be when no lap is available...

You better not put Lauren together with Margaret's Fonzi the Escapologist. They would be gone like a flash for some great adventures.

Oh that's hilarious!

".....trying to operate the remotes.." FUNNY waldor!

Thanks for the laugh, I needed that!

Gotta love our Cavvy's!!!!

~Dawn

Very funny:D Although not as bad when our Abigail was in crate with one hook, she managed to open it:eek: Was I surprised to return and see her running loose!

Heather R

Similar thing happened to me today - except not only did I not shut the door to the living room when I went out, I hadnt turned the TV off either so I got home from the tax office & saw Cass at the front window waiting for me & Sparky on the sofa watching TV!

cl*pcl*p

Clever girl lauren.

Lily one of mine from a number of years ago had a litter of 5 puppies, she and her babies of 3 weeks were all safely tucked up in their puppy pen while I went shopping, coming home they were all safely tucked up on the sofa. Lily must have picked them up one by one jumped over the puppy pen and then jumped up on the sofa with them.:eek:

Nanette

Charlie has already worked out how to get out of his travel cage/soft crate.
Every time I leave the car to pay for petrol he pulls the zip down and sets of the car alarm.
Then he will sit on the parcel shelf until I come out and shut it off. as I get back in the car I tell him bed and he gets back in to be zipped up again!
Meanwhile Ruby is sittiing in her harness in the front looking rather bemused!!

Bless

I'm soooo happy neither of mine is terribly smart :D:D I love how they all pop themselves right up on the couch....where they think they belong anyway ;)

I'm SO Glad I'm not the only one :D

We put them away at mealtimes, and are watching carefully - both the girls can lift the door by squeezing the bars together - Tommy provides the muscle and shoves the door open cl*p What little stars!!

Karen, please be careful putting the dogs in soft crates in the car - they really aren't substantial enough to protect them in the event of an accident - and as you have seen, they can escape from them, which would be very dangerous if it happened whilst you were driving.

Back