• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

Garlic Tablets

Dublin

Ive used garlic tablets as a supliment for my dogs, I use Garlic & Fenugreek tablets from dorwest herbs in the UK - but im looking for some in Ireland (that are formulated for dogs) as im sick of paying postage from the UK!

Any ideas guys????:lpy:

Garlic = Toxic

Well Pauline,

Mine have Garlic powder all the time and I have never seen problems !

What would be seen if garlic manifested itself ?

Regards Mark.

in small quantities garlic is fine :) - below is the description of the tablets I have used for 12 years & have had no problems at all (I am carefull to keep them away from the dogs as with any medication so they dont get hold of them!) In fact these tablets helped me halve the amount of steroids my last dog Leo was on!

www.dorwest.com
A traditional herbal remedy for the symptomatic relief of rheumatism, arthritis, skin conditions, coughs and minor infections in dogs and cats. This Garlic tablet has the added synergistic benefit of Fenugreek, making a superb herbal combination to treat a wide range of conditions. It is used to treat minor infections, such as interdigital cysts, eczema, pyoderma, cystitis, coughs etc and when given regularly increases resistance to these infections by stimulating the immune system. Garlic has long been renowned for its antibiotic, antiseptic and anti-viral properties and this has been confirmed by modern scientific studies, which also show its ability to help with the removal of toxins from the system. This herbal medicine is particularly effective in the treatment of arthritis, rheumatism and skin complaints when given in conjunction with Mixed Vegetable tablets, which are also recommended for these conditions.

Soz - looks like Brian was writting the same thing as e at the same time there!!!

Last edited:
Does it smell......

Yes but not excessive. It's a dry powder and tastes wonderful. To my belief the breath of the dogs is NOT that of garlic.

Its the same used with horses.

Hugh quantity for about £40.

Have sent you a PM.

Mark.

I think perhaps if dogs ate raw garlic it wouldnt be good for them - as far as I believe (could be wrong) the tablets are garlic extract?

Ah thanx Mark I got your message there!

Garlic and dogs.

"I have done a lot of research on this subject because I use garlic as a natural flea repellant for my dogs. In regular doses, garlic is fine. It requires huge doses for dogs to have any issues, and by huge, I mean like 50 cloves of garlic are what's needed to cause a problem.
I have given garlic tablets to my dogs for years and not only have we not had any problems from it, but we have also not had any fleas, infections, or anything else."

THE ABOVE IS WHAT I HAVE JUST FOUND HAVING GOOGLED GARLIC AND DOGS ! WHEREAS ITS GOOD TO DEBATE MOST THINGS - SOMETIMES WE DO NEED A DEFINITE ANSWER SO WE CAN TAKE THE CORRECT ACTION !S

I HAVE ALSO BEEN TOLD THAT THE SAME APPLIES TO CHOCOLATE AND DOGS. THE ODD SQUARE IS NOT AN ISSUE BUT SEVERAL BARS WOULD BE.

SORRY IF INDEED I AM WRONG BUT MY DOGS ALL EAT GARLIC AND MUNCH THE ODD SECTION OF A MARS BAR OR SIMILAR.

We keep hearing that things are poisonous for dogs, and then begin to panic. My dogs used to eat grapes for years (loads of) until I read that they were very highly toxic:eek: Mine never had any reaction to them, but I stopped feeding them. I stopped giving garlic for the same reason - though I found it rather odd that a renound company (Dorwest) would have sold the supplement if it hadn't been completely safe!

Maybe I should take some of the things I read with a pinch of salt - Oh No - salt is bad for me!!!!!!!!!:eek:

We give a pinch of the garlic granules - I buy a large tub from the saddlery shop, but they do small packages too.

The one we use is made by NAF - it's about 2.95 for a bag, and that would last you several years - much cheaper than the Dorwest tablets!! {Although I do use various of their other supplements...}

Hi Nicki

I just spent £63.93 last night at Vetuk (RC diet food and of couse topped up on the girls dental products ) and once ordered they dont allow any add ons as the comp system does not allow ,Oh Well.:-?

Sorry Brian, bad timing :(

PM me your address and I'll send you a small pot to get you started - I literally only give a very small pinch so it lasts ages.

Back