• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

Update on defective KONG

heather r

A few weeks ago I said that while washing our golden's kong I got black oozy stuff on my hands.

After e-mailing the kong co. and sending them the kong I have an answer. The rubber kong for some reason was reverting to its pre molded state.

They advise against washing in dishwasher and using any strong solvents. If using dishwasher to use cool or warm ( not hot water) and never use heat cycle.

As I wash kongs in sink ,don't know what happened. However, they are sending a replacement kong.

Hope this is a very isolated event.

Heather R

Oh wow, I had never heard of this. We wash our dog toys in the utility basin in our laundry room, and I always use hot water. Hmmm, I guess I'll use just warm water from now on.

Glad they're sending you a replacement!

~Dawn

Back