• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

anyone live near me?

my work have an office in Tewkesbury think its about 40 minutes away from me :)

I'm in Worcestershire, near Evesham and not that far from Tewkesbury. My OH works in Birmingham :fool:

I'm near Oban. I miss my wee girl soooo much, if anyone was around here with a cavvie, I'd love to have a cuddle:luv:

well to anyone close by... feel free to send me a pm if you ever fancy a nice walk with the dogs... I have a very safe fully enclosed field right on my doorstep :)

well to anyone close by... feel free to send me a pm if you ever fancy a nice walk with the dogs... I have a very safe fully enclosed field right on my doorstep :)

Will do that one day, Devilica - we met at KateH's Fun Day last year ;)

Not really the weather for it at the moment (!) but I did put out a list at the Fun Day last April suggesting that we formed a West Midlands Cavalier Rambling Group. I got very little response then, but perhaps we could think about it again for the spring? Walk perhaps once a month and each in turn suggest a venue? If anyone's interested, I'd be happy to organise it - though I'll be limited myself to places I can get to by public transport, as I don't have a car; however, we manage to zip all over the region on my free bus/train pass and there are some lovely places to walk.

Kate, Oliver and Aled

i live near walsall and easily go to birmingham on a regular basis lol. would love to meet you all who own this wonderful breed or people who want one haha/

Why don't we make a start with a walk in the week after Christmas - good for people and dogs to walk off Christmas goodies! What about meeting in Birmingham city centre and walking along the canal (if you can trust your Cavaliers not to jump in!) - safe to be off lead, nowhere to run off to, not too muddy underfoot. I regularly walk out to Selly Oak (about 3 miles) and then get the train back to New Street. As it will be school holidays, children also welcome (as long as they're as well-behaved as the Cavaliers!). And we can all leave cars at home...

Other possible places for the spring are Cannon Hill Park, Sandwell Valley, Sutton Park, Bewdley and the Wyre Forest, Sheldon Country Park - and I'm sure other people know of lots of other good walks.

Oliver can manage up to 3 miles, and if paths are good I can bring his buggy to help him go further or give him a rest. Aled needs all the exercise he can get and needs to play with other Cavaliers (Oliver is not playful). So we would be delighted to have a regular Cavalier outing.

Kate, Oliver and Aled

i would love to, depends though because i dotn know if my mom will let me bring the dogs to birmingham lol

I'm not sure it's a goopd idea to oinclude Sutton Park any more Kate. During the summer a dead fox was PMd and found to have died of Parvo. Now there are stories almost every week of small dogs being attacked and injured by larger ones, often Staffies owned by bully boys I'm afraid.

The canal sounds a really good idea. So does the Country Park. The Green at Bourneville followed by a walk around the village sounds a really good idea too.

I'm not sure how many dogs would be allowed on the same bus so will make enquiries. Up to 2 dogs are allowed to travel free of charge on all the trains. Some of the bus comoanies charge a small amount for dogs. I can find out about this too.

Walking off the Christmas stodge is a GREAT IDEA.

I don't know if you remember me from the Fun Day. I have three Cavaliers, my friend and her cavaliers were with me and of course my OH. Don't know how far leicester is from you but it would be nice to all meet up.

Flo wrote: I'm not sure how many dogs would be allowed on the same bus

That's why I suggested coming back from Selly Oak on the train - the buses from Selly Oak to the city centre are usually pretty crowded, so it would be difficult to fit in several dogs, but I think we could more easily invade the train! We're allowed up to two dogs each on both trains and buses. Stagecoach buses charge 50p per dog for each journey regardless of length, West Midland Transport and Coventry buses are free. For some other walks, which begin and end at the same place, we could meet at the starting point, so car owners could use cars and us carless ones could use public transport. It's just that the canal walk is one way (unless you want to turn round and walk back as well!)

Sorry to hear about Sutton Park, we've had some lovely walks there in the past. But there are endless possibilities - like Market Bosworth which is nearer to Sabby, or south of Birmingham so that Wagtails could join us.

Perhaps we need to exchange private email addresses so that we can organise a date, rather than use up space on the forum - then I'll post details so that other people can see it and perhaps join us. My address is [email protected]

Kate, Oliver and Aled

I'd be keen to do this from time to time to. You can actually get onto the canal towpath at Canon Hill Park and also next to the University train station as well, so that might be worth thinking about. Only problem I have found is cyclists who share the path, which makes it a bit of a problem if your dogs are running free, as the cyclists are not always considerate, unfortunately.:mad:

Lots of good places near me around Evesham/Pershore as well (both have trains stations), but they mostly involve the river, so probably better left till later in Spring time .:roll:

I think you have my e-mail address Kate, but will send it again, just in case.

Back