Thread: Poppys Blood Test-Weight Loss

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Default Poppys Blood Test-Weight Loss

Hi
    I am taking our Pops to the Vet in the morning for her to have a blood test and see if her thyroid is giving any cause for concern re her lack of weight loss .Royal Canin do a weight loss programme via L/poll Uni Vet Centre at Leahurst which is only about 10/15 mins away so I might see about a referral which would all be covered by her Insurance ,It looks could they put you on an Obesity course and scan them for body fat content ,any thoughts from anybody or has any member attended.

http://www.pet-slimmers.com/contact.htm

http://www.pet-slimmers.com/contact.htm

http://www.liv.ac.uk/pet-slimmers/

http://www.pet-slimmers.com/clinic.htm
    Brian M

Poppy the Tri, Daisy the Blen, Rosie the Ruby and Lily the B & T

Post Thanks / Like

Hi Brian,

Leo desperately needs to lose weight too at the moment. I went to my local pet shop which is a family run business, the lady that owns it is a wealth of knowledge.
    I explained all about Leo's weight gain and explained because of his anal gland issues I needed something that was high fibre but low fat but had to be good quality.
    Anyway she has given me a new brand of food called Health Paws. It's a small company that was started by a vet nurse and everything is Holistic.

She said she has had tremendous results with dog owners who have raved about their over weight dogs losing weight.
    I started Leo on it yesterday and he ate it no problem. I'll monitor his weight loss and let you know.

There is a website www.info@healthypaws.co.uk I dont know if it's a "miracle" food yet but here's hoping.

Mel

Post Thanks / Like

Good luck with today's appointment Brian.
    When will you have the results back?
    It's good to have underlying medical conditions ruled out before enrolling an a diet course for her.
    Sins

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Took Pops after all their early morning walk,and the appointment was at 9.30 Am and the vet was the young lady who saw Daisy last week .After seeing Pops and checking her over and also her heart (Which is AI ) and asking me questions re her exercise with the others ,she pronounced that Poppy will definitely not have any thyroid problem therefore she doesn't think its worth doing the blood test as by looking at her she doesn't have the demeanor of a dog with a thyroid problem .So I asked would she complete a referral form so we can attend The Weight Watchers Clinic for Young Ladies at Leahurst Vet Hospital ,she actually had not heard of the course so I enlightened her and over the weekend she will phone them and get further details but sees no objection at all and will ring me Monday ,as I can put it through Pops insurance it will only cost me the 80.00 excess so it seems money well spent if Pops like the Cavalier on Leahurst /Royal Canin Website can reduce from her 12.2 kg to near 9.5-10.00 kg that would be fine ,the advert Cav went from 13.2 to 7.8 .So will advise again when I hear ,do you think its worth trying.
    Brian M

Post Thanks / Like

Yes Brian,
    It's worth trying.Any diet that's done under medical supervision is more likely to get results.I think go for it.
    Sins

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Brian M View Post
    .So I asked would she complete a referral form so we can attend The Weight Watchers Clinic for Young Ladies
    Perhaps I should join?. I need to lose weight & I quite fancy being thought of as a young lady.
    Margaret C

Cavaliers......Faith, The Ginger Tank and Woody.
    Japanese Chins.... Dandy, Benny, Bridgette and Hana.
    Remembered with love......... Tommy Tuppence and Fonzi

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Hi Miss C.

You are aren't are you .
    Brian M

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Brian M View Post
    Hi Miss C.

You are aren't are you .
    What a lovely man
    Margaret C

Cavaliers......Faith, The Ginger Tank and Woody.
    Japanese Chins.... Dandy, Benny, Bridgette and Hana.
    Remembered with love......... Tommy Tuppence and Fonzi