• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

this year's last heelwork competition

On Richard Curtis' website he has a lot of nice things to say about you and your Cavaliers.

"There are three levels of classes and it was the top class that kicked off the day. The first dog into the ring was a black and tan Cavalier King Charles spaniel who performed a lovely routine to The maid on the shore. It is very hard to get a small dog to do lovely attentive heelwork but this handler has done brilliantly with this little dog. This team flowed around the ring with a nice amount of drive and it is probably the best small dog routine in HTM I have judged. They ended up third in this class but as the handler has only been competing for a year I think there is more to come from this team."

thank you for your kind words :) I am very proud of my girls!!
richard curtis has a lot of experience and sees a lot of heelwork to music. praise from him is highlight for us!!:D

i have asked a friend to upload our The Maid on the Shore routine which she vieo'd to youtube. do not know when she will ahve the time, though.

usually a company films our competitions, this time they were not there.
but maybe at the next show, end of january there will be a chance.

i have 6 routines in this show, 2 with sienna, 3 with bella (of of them is a 6+ with marianne and her blen cavalier) and one with my little handicapped frida.
undfortunately the location, although indoor, is not heated. in two of my routines i am lying on the floor for a couple of minutes, which may feel quite long in temperatures below zero....
the girls do not have to worry, they are lying on top of me....:)

I really cannot wait to see you at work with your girls Renate! You are certainly an inspiration.

It also proves my point that Cavaliers are brilliant and athletic! My dog trainer (who has border colllies) is a convert. She is just amazed at how focused Max is for a young dog and she thinks that Rylie is the cutest pup she's seen all year. She also still talks about the foundation agility class that Mindy took when she was ten - and that she was amazed to see a dog that age so willing to do anything that was asked of her.

I took Max to a pre-agility puppy camp last month. The trainer there (also with BC's) commented on how athletic Max was and how most Cavaliers she knew were not. I think our dogs get a bad rap sometimes just because they are so cute:D

yes, i agree. also many breeders seem to tell people that cavaliers a such an 'easy' breed, happy to lie on the sofa all day. which certainly is not an inspiration to do sports with the dog.

cavaiers do not at all have the reputation they deserve. and i think many of them only have half the fun they could have in life, if they were allowed to get some training and do something with their brains.

when we compete in a club where they don't know us, or in ohter parts og denmark, i always see freindly, but definitely amused smiles. like: 'here comes a naive woman, wanting to compete in advanced obedience with her lapdogs.:rolleyes:'

then, wehn we, as we often do, leave the show with as winner and/or second/third winner, the smiles are a bit different....:)

then, wehn we, as we often do, leave the show with as winner and/or second/third winner, the smiles are a bit different....:)

I bet they do:D:jmp:

I think my hubby put it in perspective "Max may never be the best agility dog but he's probably the best agility dog for you". I think he's absolutely right. We might never get to the point of competing because "I" have SO much to learn, but Max is so easy and willing to work with me that I couldn't ask for a better partner.

Back