• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

Poisoned for a 2nd time - Bluebell :(

emmawright

Hi all,

I haven't been on here for a couple of months now, been recovering from an operation on my hip, had a couple of problems afterwards too, but poor bluebell is now down at the vet.

Back in July this year she was there because she had been poisoned by something, and this afternoon the same thing has happened again, they have kept her in and are going to send away samples to see if anything shows up, but she is very bad, and the vet said she might not make it through. It started off as her drooling a LOT - like a tap from her mouth, her eyes were running like she was crying, then i quickly drove her straight down to the vet, got into the reception, and she was still drooling, then she had diarrehea everywhere, and then she was throwing up, everyone was looking at us in the reception because she was so bad.... i hope she is ok, i just wonder what keeps causing this? I have checked the garden for anything and can't see anything, she wasn't eating any bushes/plants and i didn't see her near the plants anyway. Plus, Lottie is absolutely fine, and they were together outside. You can't help but wonder if someone has done this... but maybe i'm just being paranoid. Hopefully the test results will show anything up.... I really hope i don't lose my "special Bab" - she's only 2 years old....

Oh let us know as soon as you get any news. So sorry this has happened; it is just devastating. :(

Oh that's terrible. Can anyone throw anything into your garden? are your neighbours ok with the dogs, or had you used any chemicals in the garden like pellets.

I hope the vet can identify what it is that's poisoned her. Please give an update as soon as you can and we'll pray your baby gets better soon.:hug::hug:

Im so sorry you're going through this again......
We're thinking and praying for you

Mel

oh I'm so sorry - this is just awful esp when you don't know what's caused it :confused::|

thinking of you all

thanks for all your kind comments, we haven't used any pellets in the garden or any chemicals (the vet asked us that) and she asked if bluebell might have got to any cleaning products (no) or had she eaten any chocolate or raisens (no)..... well we think the neighbours are ok, we did get a horrible letter a month or so ago, about some lights we use at the front of our house, it was a horrible letter and we don't know who it was from, they printed the letter and the envelope so we couldn't find out. Thats what is worrying me... but hopefully the results will show something... the vet is calling me in the morning.

I hope alls well,i worry about that too.We have 2 acres and i am allways checking that we have no nasties,i had to get the neighbour to get rid of a dead rabbit the other day,it was right outside the main gates.keep us all informed.

the only thing my dad just suggested is could she have something wrong on the inside? Maybe an absess? Cos the only other thing she does sometimes is if you touch her very lightly on her side she squeaks .... i'll mention this to the vet in the morning.... cos it is odd that lottie is ok and she isn't.

Thinking positive thoughts for your baby..please let us know how she is tomorrow, so sorry you are having to deal with this :(

I'm adding my hopes and prayers that Bluebell pulls through, and your vet manages to identify the cause.

Take care and keep strong.:hug:

Oh Emma

I will pray for little Bluebell tonight and please let us know how she is on the morning.
Im sooo sorry you must be truely devastated

So sorry about poor little Bluebell. Keeping her in my thoughts and sending love her way.

Healing thoughts coming your way from our house too. We do hope the vet manages to find out what is the problem - it's such a worry when our beloved dogs have to be away from us.

Take care of yourself and get some sleep if you can, Marie-Anne :l*v:

Do hope you will find out soon what is the matter with Bluebell and she will soon be feeling better, thinking of you and Bluebell.:hug:

The vet called this morning, Bluebell is keeping ok, no more sickness or diarrhea, they are keeping her on the drip for today, and she might be home tonight, if not then hopefully tomorrow. The vet is calling me again later today. They have sent off the blood tests, and she said it could be a) she is gut sensitive to something she ate, b)she has pancreatitis (probably spelt that wrong) or c)there is something wrong with her stomach. They might give her a scan before she comes home to check her stomach and that area, i told the vet it seems funny to me that lottie is ok, so maybe it is something else, sometimes if you touch her sides she yelps, for no reason that i can see, maybe thats to do with it...

Poor Bluebell.

My thoughts are with you and Bluebell this AM.

At this time of the year, ANTI-FREEZE is a real issue as it tastes sweet and animals, Cats and Dogs love to drink it !

It is however very very deadly so please be aware of any spilt liquids etc.

Best wishes,

Mark.

Back