Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Mungo

Post Thanks / Like

Unhappy Mungo

Hi All,

Just a short note to pass on the sad news that our darling Mungo (who we got as a rescue through Karlin in August 2007) passed away at home last night. All three of us were with him as he slipped away peacefully.

This has come as a terrible shock to us, as he had been in fantastic form, and showed no signs that the end was near. We were renewing his meds on Saturday, when the vet recommended that we have him xray-ed to monitor progress. His xray was on Monday and, as expected, his heart was very enlarged. A change in meds followed, in an attempt to help his condition. Sadly, it didn't work.

Our comfort comes from the fact that we had 2 wonderful years with Mungo, and he was happy, active and relatively healthy to the very end. Even yesterday at bedtime, we were saying how well and happy he looked. One hour later he yelped once (to call us I think) and passed away in Hugo's bedroom. We were able to hug and pet him as he left us.

All I can do now, through tears, is to thank Karlin for letting us have 2 fantastic years with our lovely Mungo.

Nick, Emer and Hugo.

Last edited by Nick; 27th November 2009 at 04:10 PM. Reason: Add sig
    Millie (tri) 9-9-09 Yogi (blen) 15-12-09 Always missing Mungo (blen), left us Nov 09

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Hi

So sorry to hear this tragic news ,but he must of had two happy years with you .Best Wishes to you all.
    Brian M

Poppy the Tri, Daisy the Blen, Rosie the Ruby and Lily the B & T

Post Thanks / Like

I'm very sorry to hear this.You must be devastated,he was well loved and had everything he needed during his last two happy years.
    Sins

Post Thanks / Like

So sorry to hear that Mungo has gone to the bridge. Thinking of you all at this difficult time
    Ollie Roxy Bailey

Rayleigh, Southend-On-Sea, United Kingdom, United Kingdom
    Post Thanks / Like

Oh no, I loved Mungo I'm so sorry. I remember his pictures and how he flourished in your care. Such a lovely and much loved boy
    Dylan, Poppy & Kipling's
    *''' ' "*Mummy`` "*'
    ,'*" "*'

Post Thanks / Like

I am so sorry.
    Teri, Remus, Loki, Leopold
    3 cats - Rumor, Serenity, & Thor

Post Thanks / Like

Aw Nick, I am so sad to see your post this morning I remember when Mungo first came up for adoption and I offered to go get him from the pound. I was so worried that we wouldn't get there on time so I made my hubby drive out the day before to make sure we knew how to get there and how long the drive wouild take. I remember rolling down the window and saying softly "don't worry little man, we'll get you out tomorrow"

The next day we arrived to collect him and the girl put him in my crate. I could hardly lift it up to carry it to the car and tbh I would rather have scooped Mungo up in my arms but I knew the less he was handled by different folk the better. He cried a little in the car and I sang to him and it seemed to soothe him. The we met Coconut and she took him to meet his forever family and the rest as they say is history.
    I'm so glad that he got to have two wonderful years with you and that you were all able to be with him as he passed peacefully.

My thoughts are with you and your family at this sad time and I hope in time that Mungo will send you another little Cav to love.
    Claire
    Once owned by Rudeepoohs
    then rescued by CaraMia and Minnie Moo.
    Missing all my girls every day....

Post Thanks / Like

So sorry to hear this news, my thoughts are with you.
    Judy

Chaos B/T Cavalier girl (1.1.2004) Armani Chinese Crested girl (16.12.2002) Onyx Chinese Crested Boy (1.8.2009)

Post Thanks / Like

Mungo, such a sweet little man, his special personality leaped across the internet and miles to touch so many. He had a loving time with you these years and how sad to see him pass. Run free, little one, forever.
    frecklesmom
    Learning new things everyday

Post Thanks / Like

I am so sad to hear about Mungo. I remember when he first came to you. What a whole new life you gave this boy. I think it's wonderful that he was able to pass over surrounded by your love. Rest well Mungo.
    Cathy
    Loving mom to Jake, Shelby and Micah